Will this work at all?

side note red X= where the cables are now GReen X= where i will put them/want them

Ok as you can see from the MSpainting is how i have the wiring set up but i wish to have both my PS3 and 360's audio IE r/w cables in the same port so i was thinking could i just use two of these so i can plug two audio sources into one aux port?

post-84923-1257216776_thumb.png

Yeah I am having a little trouble with the wording, but I am thinking if I am reading it right, and with that said No I do not thinkit will not work.

Basically you want to share the two connections now, but those two connections are for stereo connection, so putting that adapter on it will mean you will be sharing the two stereo connections for each device on just one channel of the one and only stereo connection, so your input option will only left or right, so the 360 would be on the left and the ps3 will be on the right (as example), so you will not get real sound as each connection will just be coming out of one speaker.

That is of course based on the fact that I am reading all of this correctly, but I think I am.

I have attached a really crude diagram done in Paint to explain what I mean...

post-34384-1257268372_thumb.jpg

I was thinking more a long the lines of the two rights going to the right and two lefts going to the left via the adaptors.

And you know what, I see no reason at all why that would not work. (Y)

Just will have to turn the other thing off whenever you are running one of them as the sound together I pretty sure would short each other out, but yeah I think that definitely should work now that you put it that way. LOL I should have thought of that. :laugh:

I don't know a lot about electronics when it comes to speakers, but wouldn't there be some feedback in the form of electricity into the consoles if both were powered on at the same time or at least one was?

I have seen a laptop sound card get zapped once by feedback of that nature.

I personally would prefer to have a switch like the ones here. This would help ensure no overload of power from both devices and cleaner sound. (If above was true on my thoughts)

^ I have ran the same setup for a friend. Works perfectly fine. You worded it wont thats why dirtylarry and I was confused. But then I thought about it and perfect.

I did the same thing but i use adapter wires, because the adapter itself was too big to be in the same spot together, had to turn them and etc. So got the 3' wire adapters and tied the wires together and tugged them away.