The Big TNA Wrestling Thread

There could be some familiar faces on the live TNA iMPACT! on January 4th. Sean Waltman has been telling friends in Mexico that he is heading back to the company, and that Scott Hall is coming with him. With Kevin Nash winning the tag team title shot in the Feast or Fired match, an Outsiders/Wolfpack reunion could be on the way. You would likely have Hogan, Nash, Hall, Waltman, and possibly Bischoff. TNA obviously wouldn't be able to use the nWo name due to trademark issues with WWE.

As I noted last week here on the website, there is also talk of retiring the 6-sided ring. Apparently Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff are pushing for the return of the "more traditional" 4-sided ring. As of now, there has been no final decision made regarding the change.

The following is from ProWrestling.net:

Scott Hall is expected to appear at the January 4 TNA Impact live show for a reunion with Kevin Nash, according to multiple sources within the company. There are also rumors that Sean "X-Pac" Waltman will be joining them, but nothing is official regarding his TNA status.

Just all sounds like a re-hash of what came before!

Old has-beens squeezing the industry for one last bit of cash/fame/status... Surprised anyone has allowed it to get this far...

And the sad part is, they can't even call themselves the NWO or Wolfpac lol (or hell the Outsiders probably)

And Scott Hall should just retire. Unless he lost the weight he had gained recently, he is gonna look so bad on TV. He was soooo bloated and "out of shape" last time I saw him on TV. Ugh. I do hope he's in better shape (which he's supposedly in) but I don't know how many times we've heard that Scott Hall was clean/doing better.

As for Bischoff, I'd love to see him on TV. While WWE used him correctly for most of his run as GM, they still dropped the ball eventually. He's a great on-air personality and if used correctly can really push the envelope. We'll see if he and Hogan are up to the challenge now.

Cody Deaner and Kip James were removed from the TNA website today, and are more than likely gone from the company.

Hulk Hogan was interviewed on AOL Fanbase recently and had some interesting things to say:

"MMA is spanking the WWE as far as the pay-per-view stuff," Hogan told FanHouse on Tuesday. "Dana White and the UFC has done an amazing job, and it's all about timing. The UFC was ready to close its doors, they were losing a ton of money, they were going under, they were getting ready to go out of business, and then they did a reality show called, The Ultimate Fighter. They developed the characters; they made people care about the fighters; the people found out who the fighters were; they breathed life into the fighters. That's what I want to do with TNA. They've got the best talent in the world down there, but no one is breathing life into the characters."

Not only will Hogan be appearing on TNA television in a role he describes as, "the Vince McMahon of TNA," he also said that he will be running the show creatively behind-the-scenes. It is there that the 56-year-old will look to emulate what the UFC has been able to accomplish over the past decade.

Rest of the article: here

I wouldn't mind them coming back to WWE, but not as the New Age Outlaws please. It's bad enough we got HHH and HBK as DX (now with added midget!) running around. All we need now is NAO and hell throw in Chyna (who seemingly wants to guest host RAW now. Oy vey.) and who knows what you'll get!

I can now confirm that TNA has released former TNA Knockouts Champion Cody Deaner. He was removed along with Kip James from the TNA roster page several days ago. Hulk Hogan complained loudly to TNA management that Deaner's gimmick made the company look 'low budget'.

I can now confirm that TNA has released former TNA Knockouts Champion Cody Deaner. He was removed along with Kip James from the TNA roster page several days ago. Hulk Hogan complained loudly to TNA management that Deaner's gimmick made the company look 'low budget'.

I already posted this, haha! I beat you!

There are many things I am looking forward to in 2010. From a non-wrestling point of view, one of the things I am most looking forward to is an end to 2009. From politics, the economy and the general malaise within the television industry, I am optimistic that the new year will be a brighter one than the one we have been struggling through for the last 363 days.

From a professional wrestling perspective, I am excited to see a heightened level of energy and interest in the business. TNA has ratcheted up their game, and Spike TV has put some nitrous into the tank with a live Monday Night head to head broadcast and some serious advertising and marketing.

As expected, WWE is reacting to the competition by bringing in Bret Hart.

I am happy for Bret. Hopefully, by going back to work for Vince and the WWE, Bret will be able to put a painful and personally traumatic part of his life behind him. I have always liked Bret as a person and respected him as a professional. It was disappointing to me when I would read or hear comments that Bret would make, that reflected the bitterness he has been carrying around with him for so long. Bret has an opportunity now to write the last chapter of his book in a way that will allow fans to remember him in a more positive way.

I wish the best for Bret and wish good luck to TNA as well.

Clearly TNA is up against a Wall Street mega-corp bully with a billion dollar bank account and a Chairman that thinks only he should have any meaningful market share of the professional wrestling business (even though he's embarrassed to admit he's in the professional wrestling business). It will be an up-hill battle for TNA indeed.

The real winner though, will be the wrestling fans.

Based on the mind-numbingly stupid Raw I had the misfortune of dropping in on last week, perhaps the fact that TNA stepped up and is at least taking a swing at the bully was enough to make McMahon realize that he could not afford to take his audience for granted and continue to shove tripe down the throats of his Goliath "universe" while David was reaching for a stone.

This Monday Night...win, lose, or draw I have to give credit to the folks at TNA and Spike. They could have taken the easy path and put their best foot forward un-opposed. That would make the most sense to many people. But by at least getting into the fight, TNA is most likely going to gain the awareness and respect of a completely different audience.

And wrestling fans are not only going to have a choice this Monday night, they will most likely see a higher quality product all the way around. And for that they should thank TNA.

As Jan. 4 approaches, a source told WrestleZone.com that TNA has reached an agreement with Scott Hall and Sean Waltman to work on a ?pay as you play? basis. No long-term contracts will be signed; Hall and Waltman will be employed as long as their performance and off-screen behavior warrants. TNA reportedly sees Hall and Waltman as short-term hires even in the best of scenarios.

TNA is also pushing hard to sign Jeff Hardy and Ric Flair before Jan. 4. Hardy, of course, is still dealing with legal matters stemming from his September drug bust. Flair, meanwhile, would be involved in a three-way ?icons? program with Hulk Hogan and Sting if he signs with TNA. The actual ring time of all three would be very limited.

Most of the contracts of TNA?s incoming big names, such as Hogan and Flair, will reportedly be guaranteed by Panda Energy.

Jeff Hardy will be backstage at the big TNA show tomorrow night (according to a tweet he did) in support of his bud Shannon Moore (who apparently DID sign with TNA, he met with Hogan over this weekend).

I doubt Jeff would sign with TNA as he would seriously **** off Vince by doing that and burn any bridge back to the WWE considering they made him a main eventer and world champion recently.

TNA 3-Hour Impact

Featuring: The Debut of Hulk Hogan

Matches:

--ODB vs. Tara (TNA Knockouts Title)

--Steel Asylum - X-Division

--Sarita & Taylor Wilde vs. Awesome Kong & Hamada (TNA Knockout Tag-Titles)

Spoilers:

--Scott Hall (confirmed)

--Kevin Nash (confirmed)

--Sting (confirmed)

--Angelina Love (confirmed)

--X-Pac/Sean Waltman (rumored)

--Jeff Hardy & Shannon Moore backstage.

--RVD likely not on the show tonight.

--Eric Bischoff tweets: "wrestling fans love surprises" -- "Monday night Jan. 4 should be a fun night over at TNA."

--Bubba The Love Sponge to be featured on the show in approximately four segments.

I'll be watching Raw will downloading Impact ... this way, i can see both and fast forward through Hogan

The following is a new "tweet" from the official Twitter page of TNA president Dixie Carter:

"Heard Jeff Hardy is going to crash the party tomorrow. Everyone is welcome!!! Gonna be fun."

Edited by timster

It is weak, but don't forget they are setting up MAJOR things with this show I'm sure. Everyone knows Hogan is coming in and has creative power now (and not fake creative power like Foley or what have you) so they have to set some big things up. That's another reason why I think they wanted 3 hours as well.