(500 Days of Summer)

I can't find a thread for this...

I've been wanting to watch this movie for a long time, and I managed to watch it last night. It's a comedy/drama about a relationship. You would think this is your typical comedy romance, but it isn't. It's actually a deeply moving movie, with great performances.

Anybody who has been in a position that is similar to Tom (played by Joseph Levitt) will know how much heartache when you love someone so much and they do not love you back. The movie rolls along with the two characters Tom and Summer (played by Zooey) entering into a relationship, and you find out how it all ends up. With the directing cutting forward and backwards in the relationship, and some other different views of directing, I found it to be an uplifting-heartache-and-sweet movie. It looks at real-life situations (like actually going to IKEA together! Awesome. Because I do that all the time!)

If you liked Juno and Miss Sunshine (that movie with Steve Carell forgot what it's called) will like this movie. Another great indie movie produced by Fox Searchlight. I'm now looking forward to all movies that are done by Fox Searchlight.

One of the best movies of the year. Tied with Up as one of the best ones of the year.

6/5

I gave the extra 1 because Zooey is sooooooo damn hot/cute in this movie (is it possible to look be that at the same time). How can you not fall in love with her.

This was just marvelous. Also one of the rare movies that didnt disappoint after such long waiting to see it. Somewhat scarily close to real life and true in the feelings and fact that we often remember only the best parts of relationships and people we've loved. As far as Zooey Deschanel goes this movie is special, cause not only she is drop dead gorgeous, but due to her being one of my ex's favorite actresses and Hitchhikers guide to galaxy being one of the first movies we saw together, but that another story. What else I wanted to note it that Lewitt and Zooey make perfect screen couple, and on a good note they have expressed they are willing to co-star in more movies in future.

On last note - movie i just beautifully shot and features one helluva good soundtrack.

Oh, and btw, somewhat in connection:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I watched this the other night, and definitely a great movie :D Zooey looked amazing in this film!

I'll give this movie a 8.5/10 :D

I just saw it.. wow.. Finally a movie that represents alot of the real life relationships. No more fairytales everyone.

If you enjoyed this movie then I would recommend seeing Winter Passing. Especially if you're a fan of Zooey Deschanel. It's relationshipy but not a dating type movie like (500) Days of Summer. This one centers around her character and her family. It's slow but the plot is good and there's some great performances.

If you enjoyed this movie then I would recommend seeing Winter Passing. Especially if you're a fan of Zooey Deschanel. It's relationshipy but not a dating type movie like (500) Days of Summer. This one centers around her character and her family. It's slow but the plot is good and there's some great performances.

Thanks rob! Will defeintely check it out! If Zooey Deschanel is there.. I`m there!. :D

Brilliant movie. Absolutely loved it! The directorship style was unique, especially with the expectations/reality scene. Highly recommended.

I was going to say awesome then I saw Will Ferell :(

The movie was very good, but I didn't enjoy watching it. I related too much to the main character, which made me uncomfortable. It really broke my heart when I saw that Summer got engaged almost right after breaking up with him.

I don't think I could handle ever watching it again... too much of a tear jerker.

The sound track was awesome. I should pick that up.

I, too, loved this movie and purchased a Blu-ray copy a few hours ago. It took me for an emotional drive (which is what an excellent film should do - even to a male :p ) and the soundtrack is absolutely prime.

The movie was too feminine for my tastes and too much of a teenage romance than anything else, which reminded me of Garden State, which I did not enjoy. However, the narration was pretty good and gave good advice to the preconceived notion that there are such things as soul mates and "one true love". Everything is just coincidence.

I prefer Autumn.

She's more symmetrical. :laugh: