Best tv for PS3 gaming

So I just got notified that I won a $500 gift card from Best Buy and I was wondering what might be the best tv I can get for gaming on my PS3 for that price. I can throw a little extra on for taxes but that's about it.

For $500 I think you'd be looking at a 32" 720p LCD, there's a Sony one for $499 on the website and a Toshiba one for $469.99. There are also LG and Samsung LCD's for a little over $500. If you're patient you could always wait till Boxing day.

Sony 32" LCD

Samsung LCD

Those 2 look like they would be the best you'd get out of $500 at Best Buy currently.

Vizios are nice.

They just came out with some LED's to. Look great!

They have a 23" LED for $399.99 but I'm sure you want to go big.

Or take a look at the 32" LCD for $500

Thanks for the replies. I think I might wait. But its gonna burn a whole in my pocket til I use it haha. Someone once told me you dont get the full HD experience if you dont buy a tv over 42" so I was thinking of waiting til I have some extra cash for that but it might take a while

Someone once told me you dont get the full HD experience if you dont buy a tv over 42"

Really? That someone is an uninformed moron then. You buy a TV that fits your room and your budget, not one that is huge simply to buy into Sony's 'Full-HD, if it's not 1080, it's crap' hype.

Really? That someone is an uninformed moron then. You buy a TV that fits your room and your budget, not one that is huge simply to buy into Sony's 'Full-HD, if it's not 1080, it's crap' hype.

+1

I have a 32" in my room and it's perfect, but if you're putting it in somewhere else like the living room then you might want something bigger. This all depends on what you want though.

I think you should hold on to the money and wait for some good deals on Boxing day.

Yeah it's for my bedroom. I just didn't want to miss out on the full experience if that was the truth. I wasn't sure if it was totally. Now I have no problem buying a 32". But Ill wait and see the sales.

• 1 month later...

i wouldnt let that GC sit too long. some companies decrease the value after so many months.

oh, and i would recommend any Samsung or Sony... Vizios are not nice.

Hopefully no decrease after 1 month. That'd be a load of bull. Gonna probably pick one up today but only have a Futureshop near by. Otherwise I'll have to wait til Saturday to get to Bestbuy

Personally I like Samsung, although I'd probably shell out an extra 200$ to get a better TV. But that 32" Samsung LCD looks nice for the price you're asking, despite it being not 1080p.

Avoid Bravias imo. Pick a Samsung. I have one 26" Samsung LCD TV, 42" Samsung LCD TV and 26" Sony Bravia and Bravia sucks out of the lot.

Personally I like Samsung, although I'd probably shell out an extra 200$ to get a better TV. But that 32" Samsung LCD looks nice for the price you're asking, despite it being not 1080p.
Well according to a review I read the first one (at Bestbuy for $499) is pretty much the best entry level hdtv at that size. I just wanted to know if it's worth the extra $100 over the one at Futureshop.

Avoid Bravias imo. Pick a Samsung. I have one 26" Samsung LCD TV, 42" Samsung LCD TV and 26" Sony Bravia and Bravia sucks out of the lot.

Whats wrong with bravia's. they are awesome and in Piucture quality Sony is the best.

Go for sony

Samsung, Sony, and Pioneer IMO make the best TVs.

Samsung/Sony use the same screens IIRC.

For your budget though I'd probably go with the best featured Samsung you can, Sony/Pioneer tend to be a bit pricier.

Can anyone shed some light on the two Samsungs and how they compare? Is it worth it to get the cheaper one at Futureshop or should I just spend the extra $100 for the Bestbuy one?