WMP12 sucks so bad

That's an absolute :)

Hey that's true. So, was Obi-wan leaning in that direction?

You right I should have mentioned that I wanted to hear someone else's opinion. I just assumed people would start a discussion or something. Other than that, you're taking life way too seriously...

Well, after all.. this is srsbsns !11ONE!

I like WMP12... thats the only media player i use....

I agree the tabs are confusing now but fine since i am not an advanced user.

It has got two players one for moves and other music and that is what i dont like.

No Hani and xiphi are quite right, WMP 12 really could have been thought out a little better. I'm too used to WMP to change to another program, so I just have to get used to its faults. I didn't feel this way about WMP 11 when I first encountered it, that program holds together.

Im gonna have to disagree with you. I actually like it very much. It may not be the best overall just yet, but its not that bad. Im actually using it more than i have ever used WMP.

+1 ^

WMP is a good player but too slow. I love the bare bones Mplayer CLI. Never have to bother about any GUI controls and its extremely fast. Although it does have GUI just in case someone needs it.

Also, yes.. Media Centre is better than WMP :)

It does? Last I checked they both played in the same exe.

Right!! They are same exe but it act as if they are two players.

When you try switching from music to a video it closes the music player and opens a new player and that is what i dont like.

The switching between players is slow too.

I hate it.

1. The now playing interface is horrible.

2. There is no WMP on the taskbar

3. There is no advance tag editor anymore.

The best thing about it is the ability to play popular video codecs. Other than that, it is a major downturn compared to the previous versions.

It is available for the taskbar.

and you just noticed the advance tag editor is gone now?

1. No Advanced Tag Editor. While I can work around it by editing and batch editing in the library itself, the ATE was more useful.
What specifically was useful about it that you don't have in regular player library mode... ?
I like WMP 12, but then I didn't use much of the advanced features. However, I hate trying to access the Equalizer, it was much easier to access in WMP11, even though it still isn't a menu option (I mean, what the hell is up with that?).
Yeah - there's no UI in the Library mode for those skinned controls. Hopefully something they revisit.
You can also add to that list that it STILL doesn't support id3 2.4 tags and (to me at least) that it doesn't recognize multiple disc albums. I switched to the Zune 4.0, but I really miss syncing with my PMP. :(
ID3v2.4 backward compatibility support is bad. MS tends to default to More Backwards Compatibility If Possible. :(

All I really want from WMP12 is for my video library to be "folder.jpg - aware". I hate (yes, I said it) just having a list of default icons/tiles, I mean Explorer is aware of folder.jpg, so why can't WMP utilize it too?

I really hope that now 7 is out, and IE8 is pretty good, Microsoft can divert some of their resources to their other smaller software, like WMP and WLM. They are potentially great, but just need a little bit of tlc here and there.

WMP is a good player but too slow.

I've never had to "wait" for WMP 12 to load and its library has all my cds, dvds and photos in it (200gb)... which bit is "slow" to you? Its not like im running a super computer here either, my PC cost me ?500 a year ago.

I hate it.

The best thing about it is the ability to play popular video codecs. Other than that, it is a major downturn compared to the previous versions.

1. Disagree, I like the streamline way, find it easier to use.

2. Never used that feature

3. That kinda sucks... but can use other programs for that

Plus has far more codex support for non-microsoft formats

i am always surprised people use VM12 (or any other WM) for movies ....

i was under the impression people use either VLC or something similar much better than VM that does not require nay codecs installed

Yeah, we noted that from the original post: Hate, Sucks. But again, there was no where in there where you even hinted that you wanted to hear someone else's opinion about the product. Remember what Obi-Wan said, only a Sith deals in absolutes. You don't want to be a Sith do you? Just say that you don't like it as much as WMP 11. Then (in your original post) you could ask what others think. Maybe work with it for a little while and then see if you don't hate on it as much. Hate is a strong emotion. Save it for things that really matter and are truly evil.

I want to be a Sith.

Personally I love WMP12 but don't use it. I've got so hooked to iTunes auto categorizing of my music, and use MediaPlayer Classic for all my video purposes.

only thing I dislike about WMP 12 is the skin, if it was more like WMP11 I'd use it, but this way I prefer to stay with iTunes :D

Okay so going back to the original post:

Isn't it practically identical - which bit has changed that you don't like?

If you hover over the WMP icon it pops up with player controls.

It may not be called "advanced tag editor" but its still there in another form..... if you right click the song or album and then select "find album info" then click "edit" (do not use it to search) it gives almost identical options to the advanced tag editor. I'm guessing they combined the two so those who try to find album info can enter the info themselves. if its not found Effectively making it "easier" to those who don't get what "advanced tag editor" means, but if that's what you are used to calling it then its easy to miss.

Okay so going back to the original post:

Isn't it practically identical - which bit has changed that you don't like?

If you hover over the WMP icon it pops up with player controls.

It may not be called "advanced tag editor" but its still there in another form..... if you right click the song or album and then select "find album info" then click "edit" (do not use it to search) it gives almost identical options to the advanced tag editor. I'm guessing they combined the two so those who try to find album info can enter the info themselves. if its not found Effectively making it "easier" to those who don't get what "advanced tag editor" means, but if that's what you are used to calling it then its easy to miss.

1. Where's the playlist?

2. It's not pinned.

3. missing metadata fields in explorer (e.g. lyrics).