WMP12 sucks so bad

1. Where's the playlist?

2. It's not pinned.

3. missing metadata fields in explorer (e.g. lyrics).

1. Click that big play tab in the top right corner :)

2. If so inclined you could make shortcuts on the task bar to have the same "skip" "pause/play" function.

3. I've got no experience with lyrics in WMP is there anything else?

1. Click that big play tab in the top right corner :)

2. If so inclined you could make shortcuts on the task bar to have the same "skip" "pause/play" function.

3. I've got no experience with lyrics in WMP is there anything else?

1. I'm talking about the Now playing mode,

2. It wouldn't look neat.

3. I don't think so.

I've never had to "wait" for WMP 12 to load and its library has all my cds, dvds and photos in it (200gb)... which bit is "slow" to you? Its not like im running a super computer here either, my PC cost me ?500 a year ago.

Every bit is. It does take some time for the video to start playing after I double click the video. Same goes for seeking. I agree the delay is not that huge and it might not seem slow to you but that's because you haven't tried mplayer yet. Once I got used to mplayer WMP is "very" slow to me. The word "very" being relative.

• 2 months later...

<snipped> /Antaris

1.Your points are so unreliable,none of them are true.

2.Is it worth to create such a username like that?

Im totally don't get it.

Edited by Antaris
Removed abusive quote

The Only reason I use WMP is to set up streaming to my PS3. Something that worked perfectly fine in XP and Vista with versions 11 and below. Now with version 12 and Libraries it's a complete mess. With a completely new install of 7 my files are added to the library, but media player doesn't update. The Only help I've found from microsoft is to keep deleting my library and restarting. Certainly not a solution by any means.

WMP corrupts video if the CPU is stressed, whereas MPC-Home Cinema 1.3.1613.0 does not - the renderer just skips a few frames.

Besides WMP requires 3rd party addons to play the most everything....

WMP corrupts video if the CPU is stressed, whereas MPC-Home Cinema 1.3.1613.0 does not - the renderer just skips a few frames.

No it doesn't. Quit spreading the FUD.

Uh, Wrong and WRONG. You're on Windows 7, so you should know better than to say that WMP "requires 3rd party addons to play the most everything". All of the videos I have play just fine on a default install of 7, whereas on previous editions of Windows, it were required to install a codec if I wanted to play something that wasn't a WMV file.

Have you ever tried to play any media with WMP12? I would have to say no because WMP12 has no probems with any of my media and that is without any addons that includes m2ts divx xvid mp3 aac m4a mp4 and there are probability more that I have forget. Plus explorer shows the proper thumbnails for everything but mkv and that was solved with the latest Divx. With Vista I could never get WMP to display the tags for aac or m4a correctly even after installing the codecs and tag support for them.

So with just Divx installed I can play all of my DXVA compliant files with full gpu acceleration and almost no CPU usages. I only installed Divx after testiing th DivX Plus Tech Preview and found for the first time I had correct thumbnails and did not have to destroy my system with codec packs just to have explorer crash every time I would navigate to a folder that had video files in it.

To this day I do not understand why people are still installing https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?act=announce&f=12&id=11 and other screw your system up packs on an OS that does not need them at all period. I could have gotten by with out DVix to if I would have re-muxed all my mkv's to m2ts containers but at last count that was 216 and I just did not want to spend the time doing that.

I do not see the lack of tag support as a big deal with the amount of good tag editors out there. I have been using Tag&Rename for years and have fount it to be much better than anything Microsoft has included in Windows.

Even though I like WMP12 I have found my self using it less and less after I setup Media Browser plugin for WMC. If you have not tried it you should check it out here.

post-8011-12657083749935_thumb.jpg

I hate it.

1. The now playing interface is horrible.

2. There is no WMP on the taskbar

3. There is no advance tag editor anymore.

The best thing about it is the ability to play popular video codecs. Other than that, it is a major downturn compared to the previous versions.

I agree with you. I dont like it either. I switched to wmp11 but then you cant double click media files so had to go back wmp12. It sucks since it has no tag editor, the interface is ugly, no taskbar player and the other small little things.

Have you ever tried to play any media with WMP12? I would have to say no because WMP12 has no probems with any of my media and that is without any addons that includes m2ts divx xvid mp3 aac m4a mp4 and there are probability more that I have forget. Plus explorer shows the proper thumbnails for everything but mkv and that was solved with the latest Divx. With Vista I could never get WMP to display the tags for aac or m4a correctly even after installing the codecs and tag support for them.

So with just Divx installed I can play all of my DXVA compliant files with full gpu acceleration and almost no CPU usages. I only installed Divx after testiing th DivX Plus Tech Preview and found for the first time I had correct thumbnails and did not have to destroy my system with codec packs just to have explorer crash every time I would navigate to a folder that had video files in it.

To this day I do not understand why people are still installing http://www.neowin.ne...unce&f=12&id=11 and other screw your system up packs on an OS that does not need them at all period. I could have gotten by with out DVix to if I would have re-muxed all my mkv's to m2ts containers but at last count that was 216 and I just did not want to spend the time doing that.

I do not see the lack of tag support as a big deal with the amount of good tag editors out there. I have been using Tag&Rename for years and have fount it to be much better than anything Microsoft has included in Windows.

Even though I like WMP12 I have found my self using it less and less after I setup Media Browser plugin for WMC. If you have not tried it you should check it out here.

post-8011-12657083749935_thumb.jpg

Media browser is awesome (Y) love it. :)

Use Foobar2000 dude, ****'s awesome, you're missing out! :cool:

VLC Maybe, but MPC is the best.

www.cccp-project.net > All

I was a huge fan of CCCP. But on Windows 7 it didn't work very. The video was all pixelated. But Shark's codec pack fixed that for me.

I was a huge fan of CCCP. But on Windows 7 it didn't work very. The video was all pixelated. But Shark's codec pack fixed that for me.

Sucks for you, works fine on 7 for me :D

Uh, Wrong and WRONG. You're on Windows 7, so you should know better than to say that WMP "requires 3rd party addons to play the most everything". All of the videos I have play just fine on a default install of 7, whereas on previous editions of Windows, it were required to install a codec if I wanted to play something that wasn't a WMV file.

That is not a justification. Improvement is not relevant as it still leaves WMP in the dark ages; more, but not enough.

Have you ever tried to play any media with WMP12? I would have to say no because WMP12 has no probems with any of my media and that is without any addons that includes m2ts divx xvid mp3 aac m4a mp4 and there are probability more that I have forget. Plus explorer shows the proper thumbnails for everything but mkv and that was solved with the latest Divx. With Vista I could never get WMP to display the tags for aac or m4a correctly even after installing the codecs and tag support for them. So with just Divx installed I can play all of my DXVA compliant files with full gpu acceleration and almost no CPU usages. I only installed Divx after testiing th DivX Plus Tech Preview and found for the first time I had correct thumbnails and did not have to destroy my system with codec packs just to have explorer crash every time I would navigate to a folder that had video files in it. To this day I do not understand why people are still installing https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?act=announce&f=12&id=11 and other screw your system up packs on an OS that does not need them at all period. I could have gotten by with out DVix to if I would have re-muxed all my mkv's to m2ts containers but at last count that was 216 and I just did not want to spend the time doing that. I do not see the lack of tag support as a big deal with the amount of good tag editors out there. I have been using Tag&Rename for years and have fount it to be much better than anything Microsoft has included in Windows.Even though I like WMP12 I have found my self using it less and less after I setup Media Browser plugin for WMC. If you have not tried it you should check it out here. post-8011-12657083749935_thumb.jpg

Last time I checked, (a month ago)

- DivX couldn't do thumbnails of linked files (something like the OP and ED being separate files, or the first file being 300KB which link the other chapters)

- Slow at generating thumbnails.

- Sometimes caused MKVs to be locked.

- Some videos did not DXVA (that should have been). Therefore unplayable.

- No audio switcher.

- No subtitles, where as my stylized and animated subtitles I ask thee???

Either you have files that are MKVs for not good reason or you and I are talking about different software.

Besides, WMP has no options - no options on the scale of the subtitles, which font to use which codec to use - whether or not DXVA - whether or not run in high priority, etc.

That and it corrupts DXVA when the CPU is under stress.

I do agree that remuxing and whatnot is a pain in the ass. One program gave me 71 hours to completion, other crashed, other an error. ( I tried re-coding an MKV to be DXVA compliant. )

And I am not sure what you mean by "installing neowin forum"

That is not a justification. Improvement is not relevant as it still leaves WMP in the dark ages; more, but not enough.

Last time I checked, (a month ago)

- DivX couldn't do thumbnails of linked files (something like the OP and ED being separate files, or the first file being 300KB which link the other chapters)

- Slow at generating thumbnails.

- Sometimes caused MKVs to be locked.

- Some videos did not DXVA (that should have been). Therefore unplayable.

- No audio switcher.

- No subtitles, where as my stylized and animated subtitles I ask thee???

Either you have files that are MKVs for not good reason or you and I are talking about different software.

Besides, WMP has no options - no options on the scale of the subtitles, which font to use which codec to use - whether or not DXVA - whether or not run in high priority, etc.

That and it corrupts DXVA when the CPU is under stress.

I do agree that remuxing and whatnot is a pain in the ass. One program gave me 71 hours to completion, other crashed, other an error. ( I tried re-coding an MKV to be DXVA compliant. )

-I have not had any problems with slow thumbnail generation on my system and I have 216 mkv's all DXVA complaint.

-No problems with mkv's being locked.

-I have only had two files that did not work with DXVA and those would not play with MPC HC with DXVA so I had to re-encoded those.

-I agree there I have some that I would like to switch to the commentary track but I can live with it.

-For me it is not a big deal as I never use subtiltes anyway. If a title needs forced subs then I just encoded them that way so they play no matter what player I use.

The software I used a while back encoded to mkv's so that is what I used. I use MeGUI to encode and tsMuxerGUI for a m2ts container. But with so many mkv's I still need support for them.

As for remuxing it is really not a big deal with tsMuxer as i can just drag an mkv into the tsMuxerGUI windows and there is no need to re-encoded but it will still take some time with so many files.

I do not know what happened there but what I meant was I do not understand why people install so many codec packs on a system that does not need them and can in fact screw the system up.

• 2 months later...

Making a list makes things official?

The seek slider cannot be always shown when playing media. The mouse must be hovered over the progress bar above the playback controls to reveal the seek slider.

A list that is wrong also. Just move the mouse over the window and the slider shows up.

Making a list makes things official?

A list that is wrong also. Just move the mouse over the window and the slider shows up.

Can't you read? That's what it say. Mouse over = hover if u dunno. The slider isn't always shown, that is when the mouse is NOT over the slider/progress bar. EPIC FAIL.