Fujifilm Finepix S2100 - Any good?

So this is a topic for my sister in law. Her camera was recently stolen and she needs a replacement. Her previous was a Sony DSC H7 and her dad is looking at getting her the Finepix S2100HD as a replacement. We can't find any reviews online to determine whether or not it's a good camera. If anyone knows of one cheaper but better or the same price that performs better...Or if anyone knows anything about it, please let me know.

I guess nobody is too familiar with this one? It has good reviews on the...Home Shopping Network site but they aren't exactly what I'd call enthusiasts judging by their responses. My father in law is actually thinking of getting it from there - I've never dealt with the HSN so this could by my ignorance talking but I always got the impression you could find better and for a more reasonable price than them.

Haha I know. And normally I would but my father in law keeps calling my sister in law NONSTOP about the damn thing asking her if it's any good so I'm trying to calm him down quickly :p.

PS. Love the avatar.

I'm not sure, why does she want that camera in particular?

What is the budget you are looking at?

Oh it isn't so much *her* idea that it should be this one in particular. It's her fathers and he's a really, really pushy individual and won't bother to research something beforehand. If he thinks it's a good deal, he'll get it. Honestly, she doesn't think Fujifilm cameras are very good and I'm far too ignorant about digital cameras to know so I thought I'd come here.

The budget I'm assuming is anywhere from 250-350 but knowing my father in law, he won't go for 350 if he knows a camera for 300 will be "just as good" (in his eyes.)

I'll have her check out the Canon S90 and the SD780. Clown, thank you for your input. If you're a satisfied customer then I'm sure she will be if she goes with this one. Do you have any pics up that I can see that were taken with it?

Well it seems fairly decent for $250

I've been unable to find sample though, this might be a limited distribution model since it is not in the Flickr camera list and only one amazon shop sells it.

Well it seems fairly decent for $250

I've been unable to find sample though, this might be a limited distribution model since it is not in the Flickr camera list and only one amazon shop sells it.

Alright thanks.

She isn't really looking for a point and shoot camera, she wants to take high quality photos but she doesn't have a job and she's limited to what her dad will get her. I say she stops complaining and gets a job if she wants something better.

Are there any cameras with interchangeable lenses that take good quality photos in that price range?