How to Try The New Google Search

PNWDweller

If you are signed into Google, signout first, then apply the code. Then, sign back in and it should work. :)

thornz0
is it just me or is it much brighter than before, it actually hurts my eyes.

yeah, i like the layout for searches, but the new logo and some of the buttons are horrid. i literally want to squint or look away.

Damo R.

I was signed in and it worked but I had to ctrl f5 it

instant.human
If you are signed into Google, signout first, then apply the code. Then, sign back in and it should work. :)

that worked. at least while logged out i had the new search. ;) logging back in brings me back to the current one.

bolix
1gi3gx.png

:(

I was getting that, so I signed out and went to www.google.com (check you're not getting a local webpage)

san.W10

now working

hehe, opened google, copy pasted that in address field, then again typed google.com in address field. now it works :D

MikeChipshop

That's strange, when i logged back in, so long as i go to google.com/ncr, its the new one.

Timmah339

it only lasts as long as the cookies are held. if you clear your cookies/browsing data or have set your browser to not remember/store ANYTHING, it won't work next time you fire your browser up.

Damo R.
That's strange, when i logged back in, so long as i go to google.com/ncr, its the new one.

Yeah that's how I got it, I was signed in as well didn't log out just reloaded it.

san.W10

yup, still workin after restarting FF3.

but its not working in Opera tho

qdave
First go to http://www.google.com/ncr the enter the code (removing the space between 'java' and 'script'

haha, silly me. thanks :) Works now!

Lee G.

Is there any way to get this working on google.co.uk ?

It works on google.com though.

Damo R.
Is there any way to get this working on google.co.uk ?

It works on google.com though.

I changed some stuff to .co.uk in the code but it didn't work so just google.com for now it seems

beanboy89
yup, still workin after restarting FF3.

but its not working in Opera tho

Looks like they're using something to sniff out some UserAgents. It was working for me in Firefox, but after removing the "Firefox/3.5.5" from the UserAgent string, it stopped working. IIRC, Opera has (or had) a built-in tool to change it's UserAgent.

Rohdekill
I have an error when I put it in the URL bar:

combine the word "java" and "script".

Stokkolm
1gi3gx.png

:(

Just had to go back to the google homepage and I was greeted with the new one.

DigitalE

Ugh. The search box text isn't centered vertically.

352d9_center.png

Alan-

I can't get mine to work when signed in. I try signing out, then back in and it just reverts to the old/current I suppose one. However, when I'm logged out everything new shows up fine.

QQFarmer

Hey guys. Make sure you have signed out of your Google account before you paste the code and press Enter. Or you will be sorry. ^_^

rajputwarrior

i couldn't get it to work in safari, but i opened up firefox, went to google.com and it was already there... this is on my macbook running snow leopard

really like the new search, and it still works if you are signed in, well for me anyways