Steam Mega Sale

I want to buy Company of Heroes.. but how will it be through Steam? Does Steam download it and give me a serial? Will it be dependent on Steam?

Oh dear. There were a deal a while back that had ALL CoH games 50% off. I got them all and it's good game. You download steam (a program) and install it then through it's steam store, you can purchase games and they will appear in the My Games tab. Double-click them to download them. when download is finished (the game should say "100% ready" in the column). You can just double-click it agan to start the game. You will need to have Steam open to be able to play the game, which means you do need to have an internet connection. Offline mode don't always works at all.

Since you are in Aussieland, what ISP are you with? If Internode, fortunately, EVERY steam server in Australia is unmetered, but a small (free) program is still essential to enforce this since Steam will sometimes contact overseas servers and rape your usage, even if you have it set to only download from whatever you set in the Options. I use Steamwatch which supports GameArena only or Internode servers.

Thanks for the replies. I found this on the Steam forums:

Can anyone that has bought a non-Valve game confirm they have CD keys for their games there? That would be perfect.

Several games that I have bought that are non-Valve games have their own cd keys. Red Faction Guerilla, and Dawn of War 2, for example have their own. And it's easy enough to find it once you've downloaded the game. The first time (and every time after that) you load the game it will pop up unless you tell it not to. And then you can just right click on the game in Steam and there is a option to view your cd key.

anyone know if i buy the THQ pack, since i already have alot of those games can i gift them on or do i just lose the extras?

Unfortunately, you do lose it. The "extra copies" only works for a handful of games (see here).

Anyway, the THQ pack is tempting. Too bad I already have/played the good games in the package.

I'm now the proud owner of the LucasArts premier pack! My "yet to be played" games collection is close to 50 titles now. I wonder why I buy so many games, and I don't even play them. I hope I'll play some of them once, tho'.

I just bought Grid, just to make a change from Trackmania.

Although I wont be able to play it till I get a new graphics card.

GRID is insanely fun, I just hate how in all the races I did in multiplayer half the players try to play demo derby and Im out sitting for 6 min for the race to finish.

New deals up:

Mini Ninjas - $14.99

Cities XL Limited Edtion - $24.99

Madballs in Babo: Invasion - $2.00

Left 4 Dead 2 - $37.49

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - $2.49

Majesty 2 - $9.99

Dead Space - $14.99

Is Left 4 Dead 2 worth the price?

(I already have Left 4 Dead)

If you like L4D one enough that you could keep playing something that is very similar then yes. I've only played my copy three times so far but the gist I get from my own time with it and from reviews is its a refinement of the original. If you didn't like L4D1 or are sick of it then I wouldn't bother, otherwise give it a go.

Personally I'm getting fonder of it. Don't quite love the new setting yet but we'll see. So far the maps have felt a bit too open for my liking but I've only done two and a half campaigns of five.

I did think about getting KOTOR, but I don't think I'll buy it. I didn't really like the Xbox version; also I've played Mass Effect through, so I know what a BioWare RPG is like.