Steam Mega Sale

djjfgasdfuhewa - I bought DiRT because I wanted a change from trackmania and had a new graphics card to play it on - and apparently it doesn't run on windows 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

What a waste of 8 dollars :(

Might want to read the steam forums before buying some of the collections of games too.

Was going to buy the THQ bundle but not now after reading all the bloody problems with some of the older games.

It's a fantastic deal if you can the games to work.

Sweet - I'll check that out once I download the game, and hope it works :)

I have the same ire directed at Bioshock. They built it with Vista features yet I've never been able to get it to work on Vista or Windows 7 without either crashing or the sound not working. I'm glad I only paid $4.99 for it. :)

I have the same ire directed at Bioshock. They built it with Vista features yet I've never been able to get it to work on Vista or Windows 7 without either crashing or the sound not working. I'm glad I only paid $4.99 for it. :)

I have the same problem with the sound. It cackles really bad. :(

Star Wars: KOTOR for 2.49$ ............

At that price you are obliged to buy it if you don't already have it!

Shoot, at that price, you're obliged to buy it even if you *do* have it! I did, even though I still have my ancient retail CDs. It never hurts to have a backup. :D

Does KOTOR work on win7?

Yes, it did for me anyways under Win7 RC 64-bit a few months back using the same methods used to get it working in Vista. :)

Works on Win 7 x64 for me. No widescreen, but oh well....

It takes a little work, but widescreen can be gotten to work in KotOR if you don't mind a little bit of work: http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/...ks_for_SW:KOTOR

I've done it with my retail copy for years now without issue (sans the last time I played through a couple of months back: UniWS make the game itself work in widescreen fine, but the CGI movies weren't scaling; I had to manually hex-edit the executable to get 'em working. Same thing with the Steam version I installed earlier. It all used to work fine with UniWS; I think its either Windows 7 or nVidia's drivers mucking things up. Either way, its all fixable, and KotOR looks great in 1680x1050. :D ).

Edited by 2Cold Scorpio

djjfgasdfuhewa - I bought DiRT because I wanted a change from trackmania and had a new graphics card to play it on - and apparently it doesn't run on windows 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

What a waste of 8 dollars :(

I bought Dirt2+Dirt last week, and I can play Dirt 1 just fine. I'm on W7 x64.

I've read somewhere that it does have trouble with Core I7 CPUs, you need to edit some config files to get it running fine on one of those.

BTW, I bought Madballs in Babo: Invasion, pretty good game for 2 bucks!!

DiRT has an orange banner over the description on the product page that says "Does not support Windows 7". :) It would be cool if you could gift games you've bought on Steam that you don't want anymore.

Did you see this in the Steam forum? http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/show...d.php?t=1034763

My DiRT works in x64 Seven. I don't remember doing that workaround, but I had to replace a file for it to work with an 8-core processor.

I bought Dirt2+Dirt last week, and I can play Dirt 1 just fine. I'm on W7 x64.

I've read somewhere that it does have trouble with Core I7 CPUs, you need to edit some config files to get it running fine on one of those.

BTW, I bought Madballs in Babo: Invasion, pretty good game for 2 bucks!!

Madballs is a good game at it's regular $10 price, at $2 it was a freaking steal. I'm so glad Steam put it on sale, as Madballs became the most popular (in sales) indie game on Steam during the sale. It has tons of content for the price, a full on MP suite, co-op and single player. Not to mention all the unlockable stuff in the game and the achievements.

I didn't know it was on sale, but I loaded up my server list (and expected to see the usual 2 or 3 servers with a few people playing) and saw like 12 full servers and was blown away!

Hopefully the community grows quite a bit more because of this sale as the game is insanely fun online.

Boot Star Wars and Madballs, looking forward to next deals in an hour lol.

Aye. I had to restrain from picking up Dead Space so I would actually have money left in case something I really want comes up during the next three days. :p Besides, DS is already fairly discounted to begin with; it wouldn't be hard to pick up later.

Bring on the next wave of sales! :D

Boot Star Wars and Madballs, looking forward to next deals in an hour lol.

I did as well. I looked at the Madballs trailer and took a crack at it, and I bought Star Wars, despite the lack of widescreen.

I've got a couple of games to look forward to when I get a new graphics card at Christmas! :)

Let's go play the games we bought yesterday and quit spamming F5; rapid-fire refreshing isn't gonna help any of us get into the store. :p