Does anyone still prefer the Windows Classic UI to Aero Glass?

No, I remember a lot of people use to run the classic theme to help performance with certain games and stuff and maybe some still do but me, meh never cared for the classic theme.

I could certainly live without Aero. My understanding is that there is little performance loss to Aero because it uses the video card rather than the processor. If I reverted back to classic and found it faster then I would ditch Aero in a snap as I can always live without eye-candy. Some of the gimicky things like Aero-Peek I have already disabled.

In Windows XP i always preferred the classic style. But than in Vista it just sucked, the explorer, startmenue etc is not made for the classic style. Thats kinda sad, because it wouldnt be that hard to make it look good.

If I have to run Vista/7 on a PC that doesn't support Aero, I'll run Windows Classic. I can't stand the Basic theme in Vista/7.

• 2 weeks later...

Have used classic forever, its just better for me because I don't like the goofy effects of Aero. Its ok, but I prefer the classic look in Win7. :p

No way. Classic looked decent back on XP, but on Vista/7 it's not only rubbish look-wise, like serveral people have said before, but also performance-wise (with a decent graphics card you're really better off putting it to some use, classic is cpu rendered)

I used to love the classic theme. I dont use it at home as im too used to the new Win 7 UI and I cant live without the superbar. Having said that, I still use classic at work. Working for IBM involves lots of staring and reading emails, plus I have to manage 53 countries in Europe so yeah im at my thinkpad a lot :) so its classic on there, they are still using Win XP :roll eyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Classic UI in Windows 2000 is the best so far, and by far from any other OS GUI including Mac OS and any Linux distribution and of course Windows. It is simple, and professionally looking. If someone told me that Windows 7 is getting same Classic UI with same gray/white pattern and icons which is quite different then Windows 95 or XP classic UI i would go back to it in no beat.

I find Windows 7 UI quite useless, especially new taskbar. It is absolutely useless especially thumb previews, cluttered. MS did really wrong research. 80% of people will agree with me on this one.

Classic UI in Windows 2000 is the best so far, and by far from any other OS GUI including Mac OS and any Linux distribution and of course Windows. It is simple, and professionally looking. If someone told me that Windows 7 is getting same Classic UI with same gray/white pattern and icons which is quite different then Windows 95 or XP classic UI i would go back to it in no beat.

I find Windows 7 UI quite useless, especially new taskbar. It is absolutely useless especially thumb previews, cluttered. MS did really wrong research. 80% of people will agree with me on this one.

I thinks 0.008% people with agree with you. Windows 7 UI rocks. Windows Aero is the most beautiful and productive UI design ever. The classic Windows UI is fugly and completely unusable. It should not have been included with Windows Vista/7.

I thinks 0.008% people with agree with you. Windows 7 UI rocks. Windows Aero is the most beautiful and productive UI design ever. The classic Windows UI is fugly and completely unusable. It should not have been included with Windows Vista/7.

Seriously? Mixed opacity windows != productive. More of an eye**** if you ask me. :pinch:

i used classic 98 style ui option for windows up until i bought 7 this year. i've warmed up to the win7 task bar and aero glass, but i'm still not sure which i prefer.

sure under the old way my taskbar could get fairly cluttered with alot of windows open, but it was still faster to switch windows under the old way, with no hesitation/click to open up peek, THEN click on the window in peak to open the window i want.

i also don't like how the tray is handled in win 7, since i am very slective of which and how many programs use it, it's never been cluttered for me. now it takes an extra click to access the programs that i allow to use it.

as well win 7 has some other quirks. certain programs don't work quite right everytime for some reason or start up everytime like they should. but i'm hoping these minor issues get fixed in sp1. or these programs' devs update them for win 7. either is win for me.

it is just only you.

everyone and their mom and dog love the new UI.

I personally HATE glass (or aero or whatever it's called) but unfortunately they made classic look like **** on Vista and 7. But I've seen some pretty sharp looking themes for Aero that I wouldn't mind using (I don't mind fancy looking themes, I just can't stand transparency used for no good reasons)

No, the Aero interface seems polished and refined enough, I use it with pleasure. And let's be honest: I got 'sick' of seeing the same classic interface over and over again. But that's just my opinion...

No way, the grey horribly tacky UI of Classic is miles worse than Aero. If Microsoft refined it so that it was truly a minimal, modern version of Classic that was bang up to date then maybe I'd consider it.

But then it'd look similar to OS X in terms of gradients lol.