Model boats

NiteJammin

I have done some wood working in the past and I have thought of getting in to model boats. A friend of mine gave me one several months back but I have not had a chance to open it yet. What is really involved in those? I know this one is meant for beginners like my self but I would like to know what im getting in too.

MR_Candyman

really depends on the kit. Some are plastic and go together with model glue, some are wood and go together with wood glue, and some are just pieces of wood that need to be cut out, steamed to shape, and glued together.

NiteJammin
really depends on the kit. Some are plastic and go together with model glue, some are wood and go together with wood glue, and some are just pieces of wood that need to be cut out, steamed to shape, and glued together.

This one is wood, is there much carving or shaping that needs to be done to the hull, knots to learn for the rope's?

MR_Candyman

depends on the kit as to how much work needs to be done to the wood. You will need to learn to do the knots if there's ropes on the boat. They're not that hard though.