December 2009 Desktop Thread

Winter Updates and finally got rid of the Vista mess my lappy was and replaced it with 7^^:

winty.th.jpg

Lappy private acc:

85229580.png

Lappy public acc:

60118557.png

Snow is realtime AERO animated^^

Lappy public acc:

60118557.png

Snow is realtime AERO animated^^

Woah, crazy!!! Is there a static version of this wallpaper!? I'd love it for my Mac... unless there's a way to animate wallpapers on a Mac, which I don't know of...

Where did you get the snow thing? Is it resource intensive?

It's AveDesktopEffects, you can buy it for 10?: http://www.desktopfx.net/

It also supports different effects besides snow like a mouse trail, video desktop, underwater desktop etc.

It was never coded for 7 but aside from missing previews in the options it seems to work fine.

For the resource usage it integrates itself in DWM/Explorer and atleast the snow effects seems to use next to nothing. I noticed no performance impact and when you run a fullscreen app it switches itself off. Haven't checked the resource usage of the other effects yet.

Winter Updates and finally got rid of the Vista mess my lappy was and replaced it with 7^^:

What are you using to show the system info in the taskbar? I'd love something like that that would show cpu, ram and network usage.

image1-Q9q8A.png

Dirty

Finally got Windows 7 looking pretty :)

Still haven't switched over fully yet, though!

what theme is that ? clearlooks ? and is that start button part of it ? if not any chance i can get it ( i have no trouble reshacking the .exe )

Current desktop and a Christmas one

(In Greece some dacades ago our tradition was to decorate a small boat with lights for Christmas instead of a tree.Of course almoste everyone here decorates a tree now)

Xmas wall pls.