Samsung HT TZ225 Home theatre system

I know I posted before about a cheap 5.1 system for my PS3, but I've been lucky enough to win some cash (go me!) and after paying off some small debts I should have about ?180-200 left and as a wee gift to myself I thought about buying a 5.1 system for my PS3

HT TZ25 Home Page

Play.com ?189.99 Free p&p

Just wondering if there is anything else better out there for the same price, I don't need a in-built DVD player but my budget is max ?200, any help is appreciat:D :D

Thanks!

Also thinking of this HT-Z220R Home Page

Its about ?165

The reason why I am thinking of this is due to the speakers, the "Tallboy" speakers on the TZ225 would site behind my sofa so I think the sound would be muffled where are the satellite speakers can site above the sofa.

You're really best to try and get something with HDMI in and out, and also something that accepts PCM over HDMI to get HD audio from the PS3.

However most of the equipment supporting such features will probably be nearer ?300:(( I managed to get my setup for ?265, but it was coming to the end of it's shelf life, it's now discontinued.

I'll see what I can dig up for your budget, always best to avoid DVD combos and try to get a Theatre package that just comes with a standalone receiver.

Thanks mate, I also got a thread going on AV forums so I'll see what they come up with too but your input is appreciated :) and today I have learned quite a bit about audio :p

Just wondering if its worth spending the extra ?50 on teh phillips, although it has HDMI in I can't seem to find if its supports DTS-HD or PCM over HDMI for true HD Sound...

...lol yeah been reading AV forums:)) the samsung can decode DTS over optical and is only ?165 ...man its tough choosing with a limited budget....