Yes, you can haz Pony

We’ve just announced that Pets are coming to the Xbox LIVE Avatar Marketplace. Tomorrow, the first shipment arrives and you’ll be able to choose from the following Pets at 240 points each:

Large Dog, Pug Dog, Dog in Bag, Cat, Siamese Cat, Long Haired Cat, Goldfish, Guinea Pig, Monkey, Bird, Snake and yes….a Pony.

I’ve uploaded a few examples to my Flickr site, but look for these new additions tomorrow on the Xbox LIVE Avatar Marketplace.

http://majornelson.com/archive/2009/12/02/...ave-a-pony.aspx

I guess this means we can have our FFXIII Chocobos too :D

post-25729-1259768765.jpg

Oh boy not long before Home is charging for pets as well.

More of this stuff has to be free, or earned from games (preferable), not much point in vanity pets if your whole friend list is populated with the same dog cause the other pets look turd. Next we'll have outfits for the pets I suppose :p

That's the only thing I like about WoW pets, some of the rare ones while hard to get are obtainable, then remain fairly rare amongst players.

Obviously this is just the first rollout, I look forward to seeing more things like this earned from games.

Where's the Pedo-Bear?

Now that is something I'd cough up for :laugh: Imagine looking at all the neowin-ers avatars and seeing an army of Pedobears lol

i dont like pets :( not an animal person....

seriously , they could work on the main avatars more , i dont remember seeing avatars with things like body piercings and tattoos, all i see are different clothes , body shapes, faces, skin colours and some pretty generic hairstyles?

Personally I'd rather they stopped wasting my money on avatars and develop something useful instead.

This. I'd much rather they give developers tools to add avatar stuff in their games. For example, if you get a certain achievement you unlock a new accessory or something for you avatar. Having to pay for something that is essentially useless is BS.

I'd much rather they give developers tools to add avatar stuff in their games. For example, if you get a certain achievement you unlock a new accessory or something for you avatar.

Not meaning to sound like an arse here, but you do realise that can happen already if the game devs put it in :huh: Like L4D2 for instance with the clothing etc unlocks...

Personally I'd rather they stopped wasting my money on avatars and develop something useful instead.

I'm pretty sure with the usefulness of your avatar in stuff like 1 vs 100 (and how popular that game is, let alone the other avatar games), that this is just the beginning.