Sony DR-BT20NX Bluetooth earbuds

Hello everyone!

I bought the Sony DR-BT20NX Bluetooth earbuds in a local store today. They went bankrupt and were selling everything for really low prices, and this one had a 40% discount which made it only €54 so I couldn't leave it hanging there!

SONY_DRBT20NX.jpg

About a month ago my old Sony EX-style In-ear buds broke down (after two years!), and I went in a musical depression. Those cheapo standard earbuds get more annoying every hour. So these were actually the replacement for my old ones.

Setting them up to work with my phone (Sony Ericsson G705) was a breeze. Hold the power button long, and pair it up. Done! Everything instantly worked. Using them with my PC took some more work, since my drivers didn't really like A2DP. A quick BlueSoleil install fixed that though.

First disappointment was that there isn't any way to get my phone's FM radio sound through them. That, I could live with though (and I have internet radio on my phone aswell which does work great).

Then there's the sound quality. First it seems great. Really deep bass and everything else is clear. But after about an hour I started noticing that high-end sounds (like drums etc) are quite crackly and even rather annoying after a while. This gets more annoying with the minute and actually make me quite sad as this little little issue completely screws up what could be a great headset. I've tried other EQ settings, and a lot of other stuff on my pc, nothing helps.

Phone mode/headset mode works great, both on PC and on phone. It doesn't have the crackling issue but well, it's just phone quality and is not suitable for music at all.

Now I'm stuck with a headset that I love and that I hate. I love having the deep sound and great earbuds without any wires on my pc and phone, but I absolutely hate the crackling... Shame I can't return them or trade them in for regular in-ears...

So, if you ever consider buying these, I'd recommend you don't.

(mini-update: chances you will see it anywhere are really low as I just found out that this headset is from 2007 :crazy: I shouldn't have bought them)