• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Zune video marketplace purchase question

macrosslover    659

does anybody remember during E3 when MS said you would be able to use credit cards to purhcase movies instead of MS points....unless i'm blind I haven't seen that feature there since the beta of the Live update, anybody know why they removed it?

Knightwolf20024    19

if its the same thing they did with the games on demand you have to press "y" it will switch the payment option.

BajiRav    2,137
does anybody remember during E3 when MS said you would be able to use credit cards to purhcase movies instead of MS points....unless i'm blind I haven't seen that feature there since the beta of the Live update, anybody know why they removed it?

I think it's still there for movies you can purchase. For rentals, you still need points.

DirtyLarry    2,097

So just because I have not rented anything in awhile and I also do not have a Zune, I just wanted to doublecheck, you do not need a Zune to rent something from the Zune marketplace correct?

Meaning I can rent from the Zune Marketplace but watch it directly on my 360, not on my Zune, right?

LostCat    1,555

Yes. Or your PC.

DirtyLarry    2,097
Yes. Or your PC.

Thanks for the response. (Y) I figured that was the case, but just wanted to double check, I have not even downloaded the Zune software yet that it looks like I have to.

jonhapimp    0

Just checked on my zune marketplace you need points for everything

George P    6,282

I wish I could get my hands on a ZuneHD, but MS seems to not want to push them out of the US anytime soon. I have this huge feeling that they're going to tie it and the 360 together even more in 2010 and it just sucks how the UK/EU is getting left out of this.

LiquidSolstice    115
I wish I could get my hands on a ZuneHD, but MS seems to not want to push them out of the US anytime soon. I have this huge feeling that they're going to tie it and the 360 together even more in 2010 and it just sucks how the UK/EU is getting left out of this.

Why not import? It's not as though the Zune software is locked down to work only in the US. If you really wanted one, I'm sure for a bit extra on top you could have it shipped internationally.