Adaptec Easy CD Creator

v3

it doesn't work. version 5's directcd also doesn't work, too. :(

2xSilverKnight

lol newbie. Put the compatibility to win 98/ME.

Right click on the .exe file (of easy cd creator) select poperties, compatibility and put it to win 98/ME and ok. Run easy cd creator and it work.

RossDundas

play nice dude, i suspect you were a newbie once too, everyone has to start somewhere.

stevember

Hi,

Easy CD Creator 4 will not work in Windows XP. Easy CD Creator 5 will work as long as you don't install the direct CD part this may be only for the professional version of Windows XP due to its built-in CD writing capabilities.

I use easy CD Creator 5 with no problems in RC 2 of Windows XP.

Stevie

LiGhTfast

4.02 works fine for me on rc2

didnt use direct cd tho

irresponsibleki

5.02 works fine until you upgrade to 2600 ... nero still works though.

throttlejockey

You need to completely uininstall EZCD before upgrading then re-install. Upgrading while it's installed will as you know break it.

Criollo

On 2600 build with EZCD 5.02b freshly installed I get a CDR4 error when starting the app and then cannot burn CDs because it does not find the CD-R. Went back to Nero and fine now. But, has anyone encountered this error?

larry

I have EZ and Nero but don't have them installed on XP Pro. I use the software on XP to burn. Anyone have grips about it? I think it's cooler looking then EZ and Nero too.

me101

I tried Nero on my rc2 setup and it would not recognise my cdr (TDK 12x10x32) but I eventually got it working with Nero and find it great.

I have used Easy CD Creator in work, with a MicroSolutions 4x4x24 portable CD-RW and Easy CD Creator is great. Just wish ?I could get it in XP as for simple Cd burning it's excellent. :) Have not tried ECD 5.x yet :(

• 2 weeks later...
asy1mpo

I go tthat CDR4 error too

Trying NEro 5.5.2.4 now and hopefully that is OK

Originally posted by Criollo  

On 2600 build with EZCD 5.02b freshly installed I get a CDR4 error when starting the app and then cannot burn CDs because it does not find the CD-R.  Went back to Nero and fine now.  But, has anyone encountered this error?

Lezend

Just an addin, I love the packet-to-packet writing in Windows XP. Very useful in backing up and write packet-to-packet data. Love it.

Plextor 24x12x40 work like a charm. I don't know if burnproof is supported but burning was too fast to even notice. (750 meg under 3min)

Malechai

Me101 - I take it that your burner wasn't detected because you used the Creative reg code? :p I had the same problem until I found a different one heh :D