[UK] Canvas printing

Hey guys, in part of redecorating my bedroom i want a few canvas prints of my own photos (all 3888 ? 2592 pixels - 400D) just wondering if anyone has tips on this? If i give them a 3888 ? 2592 image and want a 40" x 25" canvas will they change the ratio or should i do that myself before hand?

Thanks

Nicholas-c

You should crop what you want before hand. It's always best to get it looking the way you want before you send it to be printed.

you do know that the image is only going to be around 100 dpi right? I don't know what resolution canvas can be printed on but for most papers 300 dpi is optimal. Your image is going to look really low detail/resolution.

if you are doing the crop yourself remember that your image needs to cover the edges as well which will be an extra inch or so !

Also as far as the image quality is concerned don't worry if they are printing it correctly on to canvas the RIP will produce an excellent print regardless how the original looks

PS I print these in work and have used several 1mpixel images from camera phones with great results.

if you are doing the crop yourself remember that your image needs to cover the edges as well which will be an extra inch or so !

Also as far as the image quality is concerned don't worry if they are printing it correctly on to canvas the RIP will produce an excellent print regardless how the original looks

PS I print these in work and have used several 1mpixel images from camera phones with great results.

You print em at work? Whats the chances of printing me up one or two at a little Neowinian discounty???

lol

^^ what he said? :p Can you print 40" x 25"? :p lol

Thanks for tips guys, Going to play around with it in photoshop, i dont really want to spend ?90 on a print for it too be wrong >.<