Your thoughts on Google Docs

Your thoughts on Google Docs  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use Google Docs?

• Yes, all the time
    • Occasionally
    • No
  2. 2. If you use Google Docs, what do you use it for?

• Everything!
    • Documents
    • Spreadsheets
    • Presentations
    • Only the basic stuff
    • I don't use Google Docs

The gPDF extention to Google Chrome v4 changes all PDF links so that they open up with the Google Doc PDF viewer.

I also share documents with another Gmail user. We can both edit the same document.

You're not supposed to vote on the second poll if you voted on the first one. Thus why the questions said If you use Google Docs...

The board makes you choose an option for the second question otherwise it won't let you vote ;)

OP needs to add n/a option for second question.

The board makes you choose an option for the second question otherwise it won't let you vote ;)

OP needs to add n/a option for second question.

Fixed - didn't realize IPB forced you to choose an answer for each poll.

I use it only when working on a team that already has a doc created. Google docs would NEVER be my choice for creating anything beyond 75 words in length.

I just use Word. Sometimes I have problems with compatibility between Docs and Word and everything I use Word for I need to submit the document in electronic form anyway, so I just stick with that.

I am trying to wean my dependence from Google altogether and just the other day, archived all my docs and then nuked them off of Google's servers. (Or at least from my view). I have recently gotten intrigued with the idea of eyeOS on my own server for cloud computing and word processing.

Now..if you will excuse me, I have to go identify a creepy looking spider I just stepped on which was heading very fast towards me. :no:

I just use it to sync notes between my iPhone and the internet. My iPhone note application of choice (aNote) has a handy import/export feature.

Otherwise, nope I don't use Google Docs.

I use it for sharing documents with people from Uni in my group project. If it integrated nicely with Google Wave - it would be a godsend. As it stands though, lets just say it wouldn't be the end of the world if it didn't exist :p.

What are your thoughts on Google Docs? Worth using?

Absolutely not - unless you want Google to own everything you create in Google Docs and do with it however they please.

I use it only one time, in an emergency situation in school. I have a class presentation and the computer does not have installed Microsoft Office 2007. They were using Office 2003 and I can't open docx files in 2003. Well, Google Docs was able to open the file without problem. Very useful in my opinion!

• 2 weeks later...

I regularly use it, for work and personal use, but never as a replacement for a desktop version of Word or Excel.

GDocs is a great tool for sharing and collaboration, we use it for dev plans and timelines between people in different offices.

I used it for holiday planning between me and a friend in from the UK.

Any time I can get away with not using GDocs I'll will avoid using it because the documents that you create aren't that special.

Also, I am confident that Google doesn't own my documents because it says so in the T&C's.