Halo Reach Thread

Hmm Game Informer put 'The new tech' as headline...

Shouldn't that be 'The old tech', as it's set in the past... the future past... :p

i think they actually meant the tech of the game engine... theyre talking about lighting and facial animations and stuff like that

o.O! I read " The Health Bar is back along with energy shield."

wtf? We have to pick up health again like in Halo:CE?

Yeah they're looking at what made CD so good and adding those bits back in, and they want it to feel like it was around that same time building up to CE.

I've been replayin' CE and the health certainly adds more tactical elements into play, so long as they don't **** up health like they did in ODST imo a lil bit.

o.O! I read " The Health Bar is back along with energy shield."

wtf? We have to pick up health again like in Halo:CE?

5 out of 6 spartans on the team are Spartan IIIs - not as badass as Master Chief. :/

And finally Spartans can sprint!

If there indeed is sprinting, this game is now even more awesome. It's one problem I had going from halo > cod then back to halo.. Just couldn't do it since I felt like I was moving like molasses.

It looks like this one will look very good graphics wise. If they nail the MP side of things this very well could be a top seller for 2010.

The stuff in gameinformer was sick. Assassinations are so sweet. And the graphics looks pretty epic as well...

EBGames posted the screenshots in GI article

post-62693-1263989712_thumb.jpg

post-62693-1263989761_thumb.jpg

post-62693-1263989755_thumb.jpg

post-62693-1263989750_thumb.jpg

post-62693-1263989742_thumb.jpg

post-62693-1263989734_thumb.jpg

post-62693-1263989727_thumb.jpg

post-62693-1263989721_thumb.jpg

Honestly, I find them very similar to Halo3. The environment especially doesn't look any better that either Halo 3 or ODST. I know it's WIP etc. and I don't really care. I was happy with Halo3's graphics.

Leaked Halo: Reach Beta Video -

A new Halo: Reach video hit the net early this morning. The video seems to be a capture of the upcoming Halo: Reach beta that will launch publicly in the Spring for all owners of Halo 3: ODST. The video in question seems to be pretty legit but we're holding it with a grain of salt for now. Don't be surprised if the video is taken down by the afternoon. But as far as I can tell, I want to call hoax for now.

The video gives off details on what the beta will offer to players including some single player campaign levels as well as some multi player modes. As one tip shows, a new feature is called "Murder Mode" which apparently allows you to kill an enemy in stealth without being detected. Check out the video below:

EBGames posted the screenshots in GI article

post-62693-1263989712_thumb.jpg

post-62693-1263989761_thumb.jpg

post-62693-1263989755_thumb.jpg

post-62693-1263989750_thumb.jpg

post-62693-1263989742_thumb.jpg

post-62693-1263989734_thumb.jpg

post-62693-1263989727_thumb.jpg

post-62693-1263989721_thumb.jpg

Honestly, I find them very similar to Halo3. The environment especially doesn't look any better that either Halo 3 or ODST. I know it's WIP etc. and I don't really care. I was happy with Halo3's graphics.

It looks to me like they've upped the quality of the characters, gfx wise, and the effects. Environment tweaks could come later, I bet lots of those textures are from halo3 and could just be placeholders till they work out the gameplay. Those can change at any time really.

Re-posting from other thread blush.gif

Some interesting new articles on Bungie

Halo: Reach - 3D Art Evolved

Quote I find most amusing

The image below shows the Assault Rifle as it first appeared in Halo: Combat Evolved then in Halo 3 and finally the new hotness that's coming to Reach. For perspective, the texture resolution is double and the number of polygons is over four times the last incarnation. The AR in Reach actually has more polygons than an entire Marine character did in Halo 3.

post-62693-12646991292167_thumb.jpg

Halo: Reach - Point of Impact

Audio is the most effective tool. I have seen weapons go from "this weapon sucks!" to "OMG, this weapon is so powerful I think we may need to nerf it" after an audio only change. No actual damage or weapon changes were made. Go audio! It really is half the game."

I don't know why people whine so much about pages per thread in official game threads. There is an option to change your 'posts per page'. I've only got 3 pages here?

ON TOPIC, the game looks great. I actually liked ODST because of the soundtrack and grittyness. I'm excited to see the game play of Reach. Very excited indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

The gameplay vids are great in the new Vidoc. And we're talking massive sandbox, 40 AI's at a time and up to 20 vehicles as well. Just massive, none of this pretty looking corridor stuff with 4-6 AI enemies at a time on screen for the sake of graphics alone.

The gameplay vids are great in the new Vidoc. And we're talking massive sandbox, 40 AI's at a time and up to 20 vehicles as well. Just massive, none of this pretty looking corridor stuff with 4-6 AI enemies at a time on screen for the sake of graphics alone.

People discount Halo all the time, even before this much improved release. I don't think people realize that the combination of action, AI, map sizes, vehicles, along with the campaign, co-op along with the graphics make this game stand out amongst the rest. This game, while being considered "overrated" by many is actually "underrated" in my opinion.

People discount Halo all the time, even before this much improved release. I don't think people realize that the combination of action, AI, map sizes, vehicles, along with the campaign, co-op along with the graphics make this game stand out amongst the rest. This game, while being considered "overrated" by many is actually "underrated" in my opinion.

I agree, if the scale of Reach is as big as they're making it sound, with so much going on around you then it'll be great. And it could also set sales records since the changes made from the looks of it not only make it look good to the Halo fans but I think to FPS fans in general.

The ViDoc also shows sprinting in action!

But it doesn't look as good as GoW2, KZ2 or Uncharted2!

/sarcasm

This part of ViDoc shows the scale I think

post-62693-12659939295326_thumb.png

The ViDoc also shows sprinting in action!

But it doesn't look as good as GoW2, KZ2 or Uncharted2!

/sarcasm

This part of ViDoc shows the scale I think

post-62693-12659939295326_thumb.png

Yeah, it really shows in that when the textures are off and you see just how big the level itself is and how open. Then you notice all the enemies coming at you, and it's like, osnap!

According to Ars Technica, the beta start date was announced at X10: May 3rd. http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/02/microsofts-own-e3-halo-reach-beta-dated-fable-iii-details.ars

I have to admit, I'm excited. My buddies and I are still playing the crap out of Halo 3, long after MW and MW2 came and went. And the addition of a sprint (assuming it's going to happen) is definitely long overdue.