Halo Reach Thread

Anyone else not really bothering with the campaign now and jumping right into matchmaking? I usually mess around in the campaigns when internet is slow or no one is online.

GT = Zombiest

Gold is free for a week isn't it?

Starting the 17th for Halo"Reach players I believe. I'm currently on Silver and am not allowed to download the NBA2k11 Demo :pinch:

Edit: Sethos got me. Thanks again Bro!

just recording some gameplay of mine now. shall post a link once it's done!

brilliant game so far. having some framerate drops when lots is on screen. nothing dramatic but it's noticeable, don't remember having any framerate issues in halo 3 (but this is probably stupidly obvious as to why, due to the improved graphics)

tried the first mission of single player and enjoyed it. it's all about the multiplayer though, of course!

Played some firefight at first, at the later waves the FPS was permanently below 20FPS.

How do you take screenshots? With a capture card, etc?

Oops...Halo Reach Bundles selling out:

http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2010/09/14/halo-reach-special-editions-selling-out/

Were hoping to get one of those fancy Halo: Reach Limited or Legendary Editions as the game officially launches today? You may just be out of luck.

GI?s noticed that retailers have been posting good old ?sold out? signs all over the place, with GameStop?s website saying it?s out of even the most expensive of them all, the appropriately-themed 250GB Xbox 360 bundle.

No, through theatre mode. From there, you can take screenshots that'll appear on Bungie's site you can download in high-res (Y)

Here's my page; http://www.bungie.ne...player=Sethos88

Nice that is right, totally forgot about the theatre mode. More devs need to include an option like this for sure. Thanks. (Y)

How do you take screenshots? With a capture card, etc?

Larry! I cant believe im hearing that from you.

You go into the theatre, playback a video of your recent gameplay, and you have the option to take screenshots or trim the video. Then upload it to your public bungie space/profile thing(dont know the exact word for the service or what its called) and you can access online via Bungie.net.

One of the things ive always loved about halo, the awesome of recorded video. Its good quality too.

Ontopic:

****ING LOVE THIS GAME. Got home 12:15 after picking up my reach care package(legendary, system) and went home, packed up my cod system and put the reach system in place. I literally had to sit there for 10 minutes. Its sexier(and i usually dont care if technology is sexier), it so fing quiet.

Being back on my 360 has been a long time coming, but I love it. Gonna take a break from PC and play halo till Crysis 2 comes out for PC, then back to 360 for GOW3, MvC3 then back to PC for Ghost Recon.

I am glad i have 2 jobs lol. Us gamers are gonna get raped "Q4 2010-Q1-2011" i believe.

Mine just got delivered from Amazon. Can wait to play. Have to earn a living first.

I pre-ordered Halo Reach months ago without "Release-Date Delivery" on Amazon, so do you guys think the game will arrive today or do I have to wait 2-10 days?

you might get lucky. how long does it usually take Amazon to ship you items? For me its usually a day or two at the most with basic shipping. But it will most likely not ship till today.

Larry! I cant believe im hearing that from you.

You go into the theatre, playback a video of your recent gameplay, and you have the option to take screenshots or trim the video. Then upload it to your public bungie space/profile thing(dont know the exact word for the service or what its called) and you can access online via Bungie.net.

One of the things ive always loved about halo, the awesome of recorded video. Its good quality too.

In case you did not know, I am not huge Halo fan at all. I like it, but I am not crazy about it, and personally think it is way overhyped.

I barely played Halo 3 MP at all, and I actually played the Beta more than I played the actual MP. I just checked on Bungie.net, and I played 27 ranked games in Halo 3 MP, and I took 1 screenshot. rofl.gif

So honestly, it really should not be that big of a surprise I did not remember this whole theater option, as I barely played the game at all. And with ODST, I played 22 games online, and I am almost positive they were all Horde mode or whatever it is called, as I do not recall playing any MP.

So yeah, if Amazon did not have the $20 credit deal, I very well may have just rented it. I know it is a good game to buy because of the amount of MP options one can play, but chances are pretty high I will only play this for a little while and move on, just as I always have with other Halo games.

Can someone who is more familiar with Bungie's website explain the "Nameplate" settings in your profile? I'm trying to set up my profile now so it's all done by the time I get home and can actually play. I'm not quite sure what these nameplates are for. They're under the "Game Settings" tab on your profile.

I realize the page says they're for game lobbies, but isn't your gamertag used in such cases?

I went to the midnight release at my gamestop. I only saw one Legendary edition go out but they had some more visible in the store. I saw quite a few people walk out with the Reach 360 bundle. I got the limited ed. and I'm enjoying SP so far.

I just completed it - amazing, tbf.

Ties in nicely and the pace towards the end is unrelenting - correct choice of gun is massively important!

The lead up to the ending was purely excellent

The death of your companions, your sacrifice to get the latchkey to the Pillar of Autumn and event he very end mission where you're fighting to the death and you get to see your last dying moments of kicking ass before you're overcome...beautifully done

Edit to add: I am not an expert player and I did it on Normal in 10h 33m. I literally don't see how you can complete the last few levels on Legendary!

In case you did not know, I am not huge Halo fan at all. I like it, but I am not crazy about it, and personally think it is way overhyped.

I barely played Halo 3 MP at all, and I actually played the Beta more than I played the actual MP. I just checked on Bungie.net, and I played 27 ranked games in Halo 3 MP, and I took 1 screenshot. rofl.gif

So honestly, it really should not be that big of a surprise I did not remember this whole theater option, as I barely played the game at all. And with ODST, I played 22 games online, and I am almost positive they were all Horde mode or whatever it is called, as I do not recall playing any MP.

So yeah, if Amazon did not have the $20 credit deal, I very well may have just rented it. I know it is a good game to buy because of the amount of MP options one can play, but chances are pretty high I will only play this for a little while and move on, just as I always have with other Halo games.

I see. Its ok then. But you have to play longer then a few games. This is THE halo game to play man!

Is it the best Halo eva? :)

Play it and find out brotha man, but imo, perfect mix of everything that halo can have. So yes the best Halo ever, MP was nothing but nuts and awesome last night. Over 15k people were on, i got off @ 4am our time and 416456416 people were on. It got crazy pretty fast. We went from finding games with other recruits to just instant games with level 4 rank and we were all corporal grade 1(level "2" rank).

Add me ProudSikh, we need to play sir.

Sales numbers!!!!! WHAT ARE THE SALES NUMBERS!?!?!?!?!?!? :laugh:

Metacritic score is 93 btw, for whatever that's worth. Gametrailers also gave it a 9.3 score.