Halo Reach Thread

I think that Sethos has the same frustration as me with Halo 3 (didn't buy Reach yet but got in the beta) : overtrained players!!!

You search a game ... wait 5 seconds before doing that ... search players between 10 seconds and 2 minutes ... wait 1 minute for map selection ... wait 5 seconds for game launching ... wait for map loading ... wait for game start ... and then finally you are in a game with overtrained players that already know every centimeter of the map. F***ing frustrating.

I'm not sure I will be buying Reach although I was/is a big fan of Halo MP until Halo 3, heck I even have a 2 meter tal statue of Master Chief in my room. I might buy it just for SP.

I've always been a huge fan of the Halo franchise, until Halo 3, as well. The campaign was great, but the multiplayer was definitely disappointing for me, coming out of Halo:CE & Halo 2.

I still pre-ordered Reach and picked it up at the midnight release.

I haven't played through the campaign just yet (starting that, tonight) but I can definitely tell you that the multiplayer--at least for me--closely resembles Halo 2; at least way more than Halo 3 did. A lot of the maps use very familiar elements from Halo:CE and Halo 2 maps, which is super exciting to me. The gameplay gets my blood pumping the way Halo 2 did, and Halo 3 always failed to do.

I don't know if anyone aside from myself and my boyfriend have noticed the throwback to the previous games, but I can tell you that I definitely recommend giving it a chance if you enjoyed the first two as much as you say.

-Emily

I should upload some clips I have from it. If you have **** around you, you can crouch behind it then sort sneak attack on them. There's a few maps on Reach you're able to do this on. Otherwise if you have a shotgun (majority of the Hunter ones did), that will help with it a bit.

You should really find it A LOT easier since you can sprint around them non-stop to get it.

Or use hologram so they try to melee the holo then you can sneak behind.

Or the camo

Or use hologram so they try to melee the holo then you can sneak behind.

Or the camo

Except not all of the maps you have hunters on have those armor locks available. Many of them you only have sprint as default. None of them had camo at all--I don't even remember seeing camo at all throughout campaign.

are you able to shoot through the hologram decoys? i was on a sniper map and took this guy's shields off, then he sent out a decoy right in front of him and i took another shot. he was directly behind so the decoy must have stopped the shot. that sucks if you ask me, i thought it was just a hologram not a solid thing. maybe i just missed though.

anyone know?

are you able to shoot through the hologram decoys? i was on a sniper map and took this guy's shields off, then he sent out a decoy right in front of him and i took another shot. he was directly behind so the decoy must have stopped the shot. that sucks if you ask me, i thought it was just a hologram not a solid thing. maybe i just missed though.

anyone know?

No, you can't unfortunately. I don't know how many bullets to kill off the holo but I do know it takes two melees. I like beating down my own holo.

anyone know?

I'm fairly certain you do shoot right through them. In fact, you can see them fizzle away for half a second when they're shot.

No, you can't unfortunately. I don't know how many bullets to kill off the holo but I do know it takes two melees. I like beating down my own holo.

I stand corrected. I thought you could even run right through them? I guess I haven't paid much attention.

Wow, I didn't know that. That makes that ability significantly more powerful than I thought it was. Would it be too easy to identify as the decoy if the bullets went through it?

Wow, I didn't know that. That makes that ability significantly more powerful than I thought it was. Would it be too easy to identify as the decoy if the bullets went through it?

They're extremely easy to identify, anyways, because of their lack of the red name over their heads that real players have.

If they're just standing there or running into a wall; I'd say it's obvious :p.

Your reticule won't be red when you aim your sights on them. Remember that and you can always avoid 'em.

See:

542402049.png

373358803.png

I'm guessing they used it because the

"Forerunners"

were the "parents" and the humans were the "child" needing access after they were gone?

That would make sense because in

Halo 2 the Covenant know they need a reclaimer to use the key (index) which is why Keyes and Johnson were taken by Tarturus. They didn't know this from what was presented in H1, and can only assume they figured this out in H2 by 343.

Or, after re watching the cinematics I think the latchkey is Halo, and the "blind jump" Cortana made as we know wasn't a real blind jump. After all the original books stated so. Cortana was sent to find Halo for ONI and she did. This is referenced in the lab when you receive Cortana. Halo 04 is the artifact mentioned and is the game changer Halsey mentions..

Wow! I don't think I ever had this much fun playing a X360 game. I started playing at 10:30pm and, to my surprise, stopped playing at 2:30am after checking the time. It really didn't feel like 4 hours went by. I tried the campaign, firefight, and a MP game. This might be the best purchase I made in a while.

Wow! I don't think I ever had this much fun playing a X360 game. I started playing at 10:30pm and, to my surprise, stopped playing at 2:30am after checking the time. It really didn't feel like 4 hours went by. I tried the campaign, firefight, and a MP game. This might be the best purchase I made in a while.

Argh, my copy still hasn't shipped yet thanks to Amazon's SUPA SAVING! :wacko:

the MP is the same as Halo 3/ODST far as i can tell, which is a good thing. the single player i find very underwhelming and forced, it's definitely not the epic tale Halo 3 was, nor the heartfelt actionfest ODST provided. so far the whole package gets an 8/10 from me.

Really really enjoying Reach, Gettin my ass wooped in MP atm, but still enjoying it. Also spent 2 hours (no idea how) smashing a golf ball with a gravity hammer in Forge.

saying that, does anyone have a gold trial code i can have? mine just ran out. :cry:

If you still need one check your PM's. I've got a couple more spare if anyone is in need.

Well, to get to the source of this:

1) Are you compensating for Bloom?

2) Are you host in every match?

3) What and where specifically does this happen most and with what weapons?

I've been doing amazingly well with both the sniper and DMR in terms of headshots so I honestly have no idea why you are experiencing such poor hitboxes. Unless you've been dooped several times by the hologram.

Headshots is not a problem, I have played just two games in MP matchmaking and in second game, I personally got 6 headshots without any problem(20 total in my team). DMR and Needler rifle are ****ing awesome. cool.gif

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=24133590&player=hhMahadev

I am not sure if he is trying to score a headshot with single squeeze on trigger when shields are still not down. That's possible only with a sniper, isn't it?

Isn't it like 4 shots to take down shields and 1 headshot to score kill for DMR? I think it's about 4-5 shots for needler rifle as well.

So I sat down and played some matchmaking Firefight and ended up playing until I finished all of yesterday's daily challenges. Then I started and finished this week's weekly challenge. It was so easy. Just replay mission 2 on heroic, sprint through the whole level (skipping the small plot points), run past most of the fights, and you can finish the mission in under 20 minutes. Then just wait for the challenge to update, replay mission 2 from start to finish, and repeat until you get 9/9. It's boring, but easy. :laugh:

Also while playing Firefight in matchmaking, I was getting headshot's just fine on the NPC enemies. There was some lag, but I was still able to do the daily challenge of 100 headshots within half a dozen games. And I suck at FPS games using a controller, so that's got to say something. I'm not sure if it's different when playing against people, but I just wanted to put in my opinion that the hit boxes don't seem too far off.

So I sat down and played some matchmaking Firefight and ended up playing until I finished all of yesterday's daily challenges. Then I started and finished this week's weekly challenge. It was so easy. Just replay mission 2 on heroic, sprint through the whole level (skipping the small plot points), run past most of the fights, and you can finish the mission in under 20 minutes. Then just wait for the challenge to update, replay mission 2 from start to finish, and repeat until you get 9/9. It's boring, but easy. :laugh:

Also while playing Firefight in matchmaking, I was getting headshot's just fine on the NPC enemies. There was some lag, but I was still able to do the daily challenge of 100 headshots within half a dozen games. And I suck at FPS games using a controller, so that's got to say something. I'm not sure if it's different when playing against people, but I just wanted to put in my opinion that the hit boxes don't seem too far off.

FYI.

Matchmaking - Co-operative - Score Attack - Gruntpocalpyse. Start with a DMR and pistol. Should take 6-10 minutes depending on how aggressive you are. Should get 100+ kills with 90 of 'em being headshots.

FYI.

Matchmaking - Co-operative - Score Attack - Gruntpocalpyse. Start with a DMR and pistol. Should take 6-10 minutes depending on how aggressive you are. Should get 100+ kills with 90 of 'em being headshots.

Haha, "Gruntpocalypse" I love it. I'll remember that for the next time the co-op headshot daily comes up. Thanks . (Y)

I just remembered why I hate Halo multiplayer so much -- in game types (or maps) with vehicles, people just camp the vehicles and go after people without vehicles for the duration of the match. This would not be so much a problem if the vehicles were capable of being destroyed relatively easily, a la Battlefield, but no, that's definitely not the case -- especially with Banshees. And on the non-vehicle maps, people just find spots to hide/camp.

Maybe that's why I love Firefight so much -- I don't have to deal with such stupidity.

Oh man

I just got to the part where you go in space, that is AWESOME.

I love this game.

Entirely IMO, but the game goes downhill from there rather quickly. The missions leading up to that were brilliant, but after that it reverts to Halo 3-style gameplay, which was very disappointing.

Haha, "Gruntpocalypse" I love it. I'll remember that for the next time the co-op headshot daily comes up. Thanks . (Y)

Also should mention for that time your getting the best credit ration you can (so far). Not getting any commendations, just normal kills and medals from credits, getting roughly 1.1k to 1.3k. Seems to be the highest so far.