WTF is Apple's Problem

I had to take mine back 3 times, twice for the heaphones going bad after a few days and once for the remote cord coming apart. Hopefully this one will be okay.

as i said before, just return and get a refund man. wait for a revision or something.

even if you get a "working" iPod, there's still the click bug...

as i said before, just return and get a refund man. wait for a revision or something.

even if you get a "working" iPod, there's still the click bug...

yea, im thinking thats the best way to deal with it. i refuse to deal with more b/s from apple

Maybe they just keep sending you the bad one of the bunch. :p

Don't hate Apple. Remember, you still have Apple computers that can attack you if you take Microsoft's side. :p

how odd, most of the time they just copy your stuff onto a new one and send you that.

they probbly did do that, lol, also, his is the first revision, they always have problems, like a new windows, theres many bugs, but if we can wait patiently for 3 years for it to become stable, you can be paitent with apple for a few days..

If you used a credit card. Demand a refund if they won't play ball, get the credit card company to issue a charge back.

I think you might just be in the time limit for this.

Even though the backlight may not recharge. iPod is still the best mp3 player out there.

after hearing all these complains, your opinion doesn't sound too good to me (a windows user, but definately don't hate apple computer/OS)...

i was thinking about getting an iPod for myself in few days, but now that i've heard all these complains i think i'll just stick with my nomad II.

Just remember something, Diata

First Revision Apple Products are always problematic ;)

many pac ppl cant admit that lol. as for the backlite problem, send it to me, no reason specifivly just send

He's right, the iPod is the best player on the market currently. And most users I know don't have all these problems. Some people must really be mistreating their iPods.

i sent mine back twice and got a refund. i couldnt get it to sync with my pc. maybe upload a small note or something... but never an mp3 in the Fxx folders to work on the pod. i'm just waiting to see if decent firmware to fix bugs and usb 2 cable to come out to see if its worth buying still. ?400 for 30GB isnt cheap.

i sent mine back twice and got a refund. i couldnt get it to sync with my pc. maybe upload a small note or something... but never an mp3 in the Fxx folders to work on the pod. i'm just waiting to see if decent firmware to fix bugs and usb 2 cable to come out to see if its worth buying still. 400 for 30GB isnt cheap.

me too, got a refund.

i'm waiting to see if they release a firmware or something to fix the bug and enable voice recording :rolleyes: in a month or so. otherwise i'm getting an iRiver.

um....

are you holding the backlight for 3-5 seconds? (if the firmware's updated) are you using the backlight option on the main screen?

*almost* sounds like PIBCAK, but i figure i'd ask the obvious questions to make sure no one's getting upset for no reason :)

personally, i have experienced problems with all first generation hardware (even if its a new model, its still the first generation hardware for that model), such as my Radeon 9700 Pro, my ASUS P4S8X, and my SB Audigy. Things like this will make me wait for at least 6 months before i buy something (that way there is a new revision)...

thats why i always say: NEVER BUY ANYTHING WHEN IT COMES OUT

I just got a new iPod from Apple, 30 Gig Model, and have NO problems with it.

I'm going to go with Tim and say PIBCAK... If not, take it into your local Apple Store (Apple Authorized Service Center) and ask them to diagnose it, don't keep sending it back to Apple, that should be your LAST action after trying to take it to a center, they are authorized to replace on site.

I have never had any problems with my iPod either. I would just return it if I were you and buy something else or just try again.

Aaron > I think that the click bug has been fixed. I waited about 2 weeks after they came out to buy mine and I don't have any clicking.

This is why I buy things from apple store...even though its the same process, it takes place at a brick and mortar place instead of online...that way you have someone to physically talk to if **** does down, like in your case...

it is really stupid though, having to deal with all this. i bought it on may 13 and havent yet been able to use it

Every Company has at least one or two items per batch which sneak out into the world that wouldn't have passed QA...you got one of them, it's not that Apple products are bad, it's that you happened to get a bad unit. It happens to EVERYONE once in a while...just roll with it and move on. :)

i got two...but i still see what youre saying. maybe i can work out some special sort of deal with apple, maybe not though. i guess we'll see