Facebook charging

I highly doubt Facebook will charge its users for basic/standard use. However, it's quite possible that they would introduce some advanced subscription-based features.

Yeah, totally cringeworthy watching how many people join these groups it's laughable. But one thing you have to remember is that every mum, dad, auntie, and uncle has facebook, therefore likely to be totally computer illiterate and have no clue how the internet and websites work (e.g. ad revenues), thus just believing anything they read online.

Yeah, totally cringeworthy watching how many people join these groups it's laughable. But one thing you have to remember is that every mum, dad, auntie, and uncle has facebook, therefore likely to be totally computer illiterate and have no clue how the internet and websites work (e.g. ad revenues), thus just believing anything they read online.

Nice stereotype. And not really correct, if the recent "join"ers are any indication. Profile pics were all of kids. :p

Nice stereotype. And not really correct, if the recent "join"ers are any indication. Profile pics were all of kids. :p

Kids wouldn't understand either. They might "understand" computers and their operation, but they don't understand business. In fact, of all the groups mentioned, they would be the least likely to understand business or how advertising works.

Unless they want their user base to drop by about 80%, I don't think so somehow. They would actually lose more from advertising revenue than they would make from subscriptions.

Well the majority. Alot of the older (or young children) generation are computer illiterate, to not believe the 'who is watching your profile' group you would need to know how websites work, and know that it's only possible if/when facebook implement it, not by joining a group and inviting your friends.

Most of my family, and friends family are on Facebook and 99% of them don't have a clue how to use a computer apart from type 'facebook' in google and click the first link. These are the people who see these groups and lap it straight up.

The worrying thing is, is that the creator of the group probably believes it.idiot.

Also, with the close to 400 million members, why would they charge $28 US to each and every member a month?

That's $11,200,000,000 US every month.

Who needs that kind of income? Lol

None of my friends have joined yet, but once they see it they will, mine are also the ones that join groups to see who is watching there profile and click random links in chat box's.

edit* and "the dislike button is here join to get it" that is annoying I have about 30friends in that group yet not a single has it wonder why.

Edited by murkurie

None of my friends have joined yet, but once they see it they will, mine are also the ones that join groups to see who is watching there profile and click random links in chat box's.

yeah, those "check whos viewing your profile" ones make me cringe too :pinch: lol.

My friends post earlier tonight made me laugh:

Find out who's watching your profile while you're changing your background color, using a tool you get when you invite all your friends to the group 'There's more of us than them!'

Also, with the close to 400 million members, why would they charge $28 US to each and every member a month?

That's $11,200,000,000 US every month.

Who needs that kind of income? Lol

me

:p

I hate facebook groups. I saw one the other day called "I love my daughter" and that one of my friends (a single mother) had joined it.

WTF??? You need to join a group to show that you love your daughter? You want recognition from random strangers that you are doing what should inherrantly come naturally to a mother? And yet this is the same person who offloads her kids onto any random person (oh trust me - this is a rant worth a few hours) and posts pictures saying how drunk she is every weekend... Get a freaking grip on life...

A group called "Remembering something funny and laughing"... No ****? You mean like, the world in general does? You feel so isolated that you need to feel kinship over something as trivial and common as that? What's next? "We must be friends because we both have two eyes and a nose"?

This whole false community spirit is pathetic and lame. People joining groups to make a social statement that is about as worthwhile as my pubes! "Soldiers should be paid footballers wages"? People joining it under a Sun-sinspired faux-patriotism based around self-righteous bull**** - the same people who if tax were to rise to fund these things would be up in arms!

**** facebook!

I hate facebook groups. I saw one the other day called "I love my daughter" and that one of my friends (a single mother) had joined it.

WTF??? You need to join a group to show that you love your daughter? You want recognition from random strangers that you are doing what should inherrantly come naturally to a mother? Get a freaking grip on life...

A group called "Remembering something funny and laughing"... No ****? You mean like, the world in general does? You feel so isolated that you need to feel kinship over something as trivial and common as that? What's next? "We must be friends because we both have two eyes and a nose"?

This whole false community spirit is pathetic and lame. People joining groups to make a social statement that is about as worthwhile as my pubes! "Soldiers should be paid footballers wages"? People joining it under a Sun-sinspired faux-patriotism based around self-righteous bull**** - the same people who if tax were to rise to fund these things would be up in arms!

**** facebook!

wow you need help