Facebook charging

I hate facebook groups. I saw one the other day called "I love my daughter" and that one of my friends (a single mother) had joined it.

WTF??? You need to join a group to show that you love your daughter? You want recognition from random strangers that you are doing what should inherrantly come naturally to a mother? And yet this is the same person who offloads her kids onto any random person (oh trust me - this is a rant worth a few hours) and posts pictures saying how drunk she is every weekend... Get a freaking grip on life...

A group called "Remembering something funny and laughing"... No ****? You mean like, the world in general does? You feel so isolated that you need to feel kinship over something as trivial and common as that? What's next? "We must be friends because we both have two eyes and a nose"?

This whole false community spirit is pathetic and lame. People joining groups to make a social statement that is about as worthwhile as my pubes! "Soldiers should be paid footballers wages"? People joining it under a Sun-sinspired faux-patriotism based around self-righteous bull**** - the same people who if tax were to rise to fund these things would be up in arms!

Totally agreed.

wow you need help

Wow you need to explain yourself! If people stand for something, more power to them - but facebook groups trivialise issues. Example being the soldiers and football pay one. Fine, if you believe it, then campaign - don't just join a group on a social networking site.

What a crock of ****...

If I remember correctly, wasn't there something similar on Myspace about charging ?

Theres always stuff like this going on, I remember chain mails about hotmail shutting down or charging, like this:

"OMGZ FORWARD THIS EMAIL ON TO 5 OTHER PEOPLE TO SHOW HOTMAIL WE DON'T WANT THEM SHUT DOWN"

*sigh* @ stupid people on the internets.

Wow, certain people here take things way too seriously for their own good. Facebook is a bit of fun, get over yourselves.

Some groups maybe yes. But not the group that is of the original post here...and there are many more like it and it makes facebook plain annoying... my live news feed is full of them, we need a button to be able to remove it! (ohh maybe i'll make a group for that)..

What's in my suggested stuff right now:

'We're going to watch a DVD' = 'We're going to have sex'

Christmas Eve Pyjamas

Find Out Who Is Looking at Your Profile with: **PROFILE WATCHER**.

WERE AGAINST FACEBOOK CHARGING ?14.99 A MONTH FROM JULY 1ST 2010.

DISLIKE BUTTON is here > ADD it now!

I SPEAK MY MIND, DONT LIKE IT, THEN **** OFF!!!

I Really Dont Give A Flying **** What U Think About Me!!!

My sleeping pattern is constantly ****ed up!

I think ill get **** faced on christmas and new year!

Change Your Facebook Profile Theme (%100 Working)

Join if you like snow.

DO I GO ON????

I hate facebook groups. I saw one the other day called "I love my daughter" and that one of my friends (a single mother) had joined it.

WTF??? You need to join a group to show that you love your daughter? You want recognition from random strangers that you are doing what should inherrantly come naturally to a mother? And yet this is the same person who offloads her kids onto any random person (oh trust me - this is a rant worth a few hours) and posts pictures saying how drunk she is every weekend... Get a freaking grip on life...

A group called "Remembering something funny and laughing"... No ****? You mean like, the world in general does? You feel so isolated that you need to feel kinship over something as trivial and common as that? What's next? "We must be friends because we both have two eyes and a nose"?

This whole false community spirit is pathetic and lame. People joining groups to make a social statement that is about as worthwhile as my pubes! "Soldiers should be paid footballers wages"? People joining it under a Sun-sinspired faux-patriotism based around self-righteous bull**** - the same people who if tax were to rise to fund these things would be up in arms!

**** facebook!

I like the idea of joining groups to state a certain thing about you or what you do. I find it feels nice when you see a group title which relates to something about you, but each to thier own.

What I find more annoying is that the majority of Facebook users cannot seem to understand the difference between a Group and a Page. The applications are different and were designed for different things. Pages were designed for creation of a fan page relating to a product, person, brand etc. Groups were designed to be made by anybody about anything, to maintain a collection of people who feel the same about something.

I wish Facebook has introduced measures from the outset to control who can create pages and only allowed officials to do so because now just about everybody is becoming a fan of things which should be a group and people are creating fan pages for things which should be groups. I find it really annoying, especially when something I like is a fan page but there isn't a group for it :( I'm not about to go creating my own groups :p

I like the idea of joining groups to state a certain thing about you or what you do. I find it feels nice when you see a group title which relates to something about you, but each to thier own.

As do I. I become a fan of bands, shows, etc. If a group is something where likeminded people can discuss an issue, then sure I may join that too.

But "I love my daughter"? It's not like anyone discusses anything. And what does it say about you? It says you are a mother and feel you need to tell people that you are doing what comes naturally. And then this is alongside the drunken pics? Yeah, wicked!

Or the soldiers deserving footballer salaries? Do many of those who join it ACTUALLY believe it enough to stand up and be counted? It's one of the reasons that we accomplish nothing these days - the art of protest has been trivialised down to joining a facebook group.

Indeed. Some people are very gullible and fall for anything they see.

If I were to start a group "I am against Facebook clubbing baby seals to death by 2011", I wonder how many people would join or believe?

What has happened to critical thinking these days? :no:

I don't think I'd mind paying ?9.99 a month, but ?14.99 is too much. And if Facebook are going to be death-clubbing baby seals starting in 2011, then I don't think I could support them financially at all. Or at least I know I couldn't support them under those circumstances if they were charging more than, say, ?4.99 a month.

an announcement today estimated Facebook at $11 billion. A company worth that much doesn't charge $28 U.S./month :p

Has the group been deleted?

Redirects to the main page, so I'd assume so! Thank goodness. Far too many people joined that one.

Personally I think Facebook should start charging :p

What I find more annoying is that the majority of Facebook users cannot seem to understand the difference between a Group and a Page. The applications are different and were designed for different things. Pages were designed for creation of a fan page relating to a product, person, brand etc. Groups were designed to be made by anybody about anything, to maintain a collection of people who feel the same about something.

I wish Facebook has introduced measures from the outset to control who can create pages and only allowed officials to do so because now just about everybody is becoming a fan of things which should be a group and people are creating fan pages for things which should be groups. I find it really annoying, especially when something I like is a fan page but there isn't a group for it :( I'm not about to go creating my own groups :p

Ah good, I'm not the only one that gets a bit annoyed by that. On a related note, I thought it was a bit weird when it came up on my feed that "[friend name] became a fan of "RIP Brittany Murphy""

fail spam is fail.

I cant believe how many of my friends joined this :pinch: even the ones i thought had some common sense :p

Yeah I saw some friends signing up. I lol'd.