Games you regret buying

For me, in the year of 2009, I would have to say:

-Mass Effect (PC)

-Borderland (PC)

Some may say Mass Effect is an awesome game, but it's the continuous loading, the controls, and lack of direction the game takes, and I'm not talking about load times.

Borderlands - I had fun run playing with friends online and in the end the game lost its appeal. It's a good shooters game, but if you expected more out of it, you are sadly disappointed. Definitely not worth $35 and definitely not worth the full price of $69.99, for those who paid full. No replay value whatsoever.

None really, I'm my best reviewer in the world.

I guess MW2 a little, but I'm very picky about my FPS games.

Top Spin 3 (PS3).

Now I did only pay about a ?15 for it, but its just one of those games I played non-stop for the first few days and then never touched again.

But apart from that I generally only buy games I know I'll like.

Borderlands - I had fun run playing with friends online and in the end the game lost its appeal. It's a good shooters game, but if you expected more out of it, you are sadly disappointed. Definitely not worth $35 and definitely not worth the full price of $69.99, for those who paid full. No replay value whatsoever.

The problem with Borderlands is the Gearbox talked it up a lot, all the features that were going to be in it, and when it came out a lot of those features they talked about weren't in it. They did exactly like what Peter Molyneux always does with his games, talks up all the features that are going to be in the game, and when the game comes out those features are missing.

Battlefield 2 - I never gave it a chance.

Battlefield 2141 - I never gave it a chance.

Guild Wars - I hate MMORPGs but I thought I'd give this a try. Hated it.

Can't think what else I've bought as I'm at work, but those three come to mind.

For me, definitely Damnation (360). The game looked decent, had a good story, and some really interesting art (kind of a steampunk style), but the game was just horrid. Terrible controls, low res textures, obvious glitches and bugs with both PC/NPC movement and action, as well as the environment.

Actually none. Not even MW2 and Borderlands as mentioned before - had both have clocked about 100 hours of fun gametime and thats more then enough to justify purchase.

Actually none. Not even MW2 and Borderlands as mentioned before - had both have clocked about 100 hours of fun gametime and thats more then enough to justify purchase.

Then why bother posting in this thread, your post is useless.

unreal tournament 3 and age of conan. not particulary bad games, but they've got too few players playing them, which kind of ruins the point of both games

I wish they'd finally make a new Unreal game, and not in the Tournament series either.

unreal tournament 3

Second on that one, highly disappointed by this game, it just doesn't 'feel' right.

Brutal Legend was the other. I loved Psychonauts so I was definitely excited for this one, but the RTS thing killed it for me, as I suck at those types of games :/

Due to my very critical nature I rarely buy games I'm unsure about, so I also rarely end up disappointed. Though, the last time I remember being truly disappointed was Little Big Planet!

I bought that game because a female friend of mine really wanted to try it yet she doesn't even a PS3 or any console for that matter. I decided to buy the game so she could try it at my place, also giving me the chance of trying it out. She walked away bored of the game after a single session and same thing happened to me - Such an awful game that is only kept artificially alive by all the junk

the community release and that rare gem which is fun for exactly 5 minutes.

Edited by Sethos

I regret very few of my game purchases, but Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (and especially the finale) was rubish. Back in day I was disappointed by Battlefield 2 which was never half as good as say BF 1942.