Games you regret buying

I'm surprised people actually regret buying the Call of Duty games. They may be overrated or somewhat disappointing, but I don't regret buying them at all.

If they are an utter disappointment, they don't manage to live up to any of your expectations and you stop playing them after barely 2-3 weeks then of course you can regret it.

Bioshock : Expected much more after system shock. Levels were very repetitive and linear.

Operation Flashpoint 2 : DR . Loved OFP, read 1 review about OFP 2 and decided to buy it. Tried to play it, tried to like it... too much console dust sprayed on it... now it's collecting dust on a shelf.

There was a good side to this... i also almost bought NFS:Shift without trying it. They called that realistic in the reviews just like they did with OFP2. Would i have been disappointed if i did buy it!

If they are an utter disappointment, they don't manage to live up to any of your expectations and you stop playing them after barely 2-3 weeks then of course you can regret it.

I have plenty of games that don't live up to my expectations, but I don't regret buying them because they're still entertaining. How many games do you honestly buy that you play very much after a month or so?

I have plenty of games that don't live up to my expectations, but I don't regret buying them because they're still entertaining. How many games do you honestly buy that you play very much after a month or so?

Modern Warfare 2 wasn't even entertaining for 2 weeks which is laughable and most games I actually spend money on last me months some even years. Some people

may be satisfied with a few weeks of entertainment of their hard earned money but I'd like a lot more. The games I purchase tend to last me years.

Army of Two: 40th Day - Snoozefest. Although.. it wasn't bought but I made my boyfriend rent us copies and kept them a few days extra since we had a few things get in way of playing. Any money wasted for the extra days is money I wish we didn't waste! At least it wasn't $120 that we spent for it.

I've clocked in enough time with Modern Warfare 2 that I can say it was a good $60 invested ;)

Requiem: Avenging Angel - Because it was crappy

System Shock 2: Because how many hours it took from my life :p I had excellent grades in high school (Around 9.7, for you americans that's "almost straight A") and at least for a while they dropped because the hours I spent replying SS2.

Requiem: Avenging Angel - Because it was crappy

I remember that game. It was an FPS with a mixture of guns and magic powers if I recall correctly. I played it for a few hours before losing interest, which I suppose says it all (although I was quite young when I played it, 14 or so).

I'm starting to regret buying Borderlands, although perhaps I'll give it another shot when the next lull comes around (summer, perhaps). My buddies all have the game on PS3 and I bought the PC version as part of the Steam Black Friday sale, so I don't really have anybody to go co-op with. Playing a game with no storyline on my own isn't my idea of a good time, unless there's enough challenge to keep me motivated (which there isn't).

Of recent memory:

Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting (XBLA) - Unfortunately as an impulse buy, I couldn't stand the clunky controls, growing up with Virtua Fighter 2 and Tekken 2/3 probably has something to do with it.

Phantasy Star Universe (X360) - Thankfully I bought this pre-owned for ?4 so I didn't waste too much money, way too basic and repetitive for my liking.

The reason I vote for MW2 is not the actual gameplay; the gameplay is actually pretty fun and I still play to this day. The reason I regret it is because of the way Activi$ion has treated their PC fan base they take away dedicated support and it basically took away the whole aspect of a community around a game. They also made the game to work for consoles first and PC second in an interview with a leading PC game magazine they basically stated that the game was optimized for PC by "adding keyboard support & the ability to type in game" wow thanks alot! I understand that piracy is bad on the PC and consoles you make more money from but to actually sh*t on the PC? I mean, if it wasent for the PC and its community in the beginning there would be no MW2 today and thats why I voted it being a big regret of mine because I will NEVER buy an Activi$ion title again until they stop catering to the consoles.

Speaking of witch the reason why console games are 59.99 and PC games are 49.99 is because on console they have to pay a 10.00 fee to the console developer for licensing. The PC on the other hand don't require licensing fees and thats why games are 49.99 but in this case Activi$ion charged the PC 10 dollars more for this title from PC owners than the consoles lol. So really we got a crippled game and payed more for it in the eyes of Activi$ion.

As I said on the second post, MW2 is possibly now the only game I regret buying.

But I'm not the biggest FPS fan anyway, I was happy getting it at ?25 and may return to it, but I haven't touched it in weeks and am just looking forward to so much Q1/Q2 this year it'll be collecting dust :happy:

Modern Warfare 2 for PC

Just an awful game. I'm OK with the PS3 version for now. It bothers me quite a bit at times, but I've played it enough.

PS3

FIFA 2010 (FIFA 09 with updated rosters) :rolleyes:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 (too damn hard!) :angry:

Xbox 360

Brutal Legend (overhyped) :crazy:

Borderlands (not digging the game at all) :alien:

PS3

Darksiders (not liking the gameplay style) :cry:

Matt Hazard: Blood Bath & Beyond (on PSN) (impulse buy) :cry:

Xbox 360

Bayonetta (crap, DMC-wannabe but with ######) :laugh:

Dark Void (oh dear) :blink:

Worms XBLA.

It was so gimped, especially when they brought out a proper Worms Armageddon game not long after ?_? Testing the water with poor quality *****.

Probably Borderlands... though I really, really enjoyed playing the game with my friends. Despite the humor, the graphics, and the gameplay I just felt let down after I hit level 50... there was really nothing to do, or any reason to continue playing. You can only run a loop around New Haven so many times before you get totally bored. Also, maybe MW2, I enjoyed the single player... and I kind of like the multiplayer, I just really dislike being grouped in games with people waaaay higher level than me and being forced to play games with those cheap killstreak awards.

($49.99) Borderlands: got boring after beating it and the online play with listen servers were crappy.. too crappy to even want to touch the game again.

($5) Assassin's Creed: The fighting/killing is boring. Expected something more metal-gearish in terms of combat.

Global Agenda is to be determined after a few patches and more time with it. I don't care much for the PvP. Feels like I'm playing more of an MMO than an FPS when fighting other people. If Borderlands is an FPS with RPG elements then Global agenda has an MMO backbone with FPS elements.

Age of Conan. I can't believe I fell for the hype.

I wised up though and didn't buy Warhammer, so I redeemed myself with that.

Heck, I even didn't buy Aion, which also turned out to not live up anywhere near the hype.

fat princess for the ps3 - they didnt fix anything when ppl brought it, so everybody left, and now you'd be lucky to play with humans!

and most games for the xbox360 (cos mine broke!)

• 2 months later...