Games you regret buying

COD4 - just can't get into it, not my style. And I hate playing online.

Gears of War - same, but worse. Control is just stiff and clunky to me.

Back to the Future (NES) - worst game I've ever played. Thank goodness that, back then, it was still ok to return games to the store.

yup, LBP and Killzone 2

and for my beloved 360 :whistle: never had that awful sensation

Again, because you don't buy any games for it :rofl:

Not really, "as of late", but..

myherofrontsmboxart_160w.jpg

Imagine my disappointment once I passed the 3rd level.

I guess I only have myself to blame, all the good games had 4 screenshots on the back cover whereas this one only had 2 screenshots.

The arcade version was so much better!

Back to the Future (NES) - worst game I've ever played. Thank goodness that, back then, it was still ok to return games to the store.

I remember playing that on the NES, and sometimes it would popup in those SomeBigNumber-in-1 cartridges that had a lot of the same games overlapping just with different names. Yes, it was good when you could bring games back to the store and get your cash back, not like today where they'll only give you a gift card if you're lucky.

My most regretted game of all time:

Dead or Alive Xtreme2 for XBox 360

WTF was I thinking, lol!

For this year, I regret all the games that I have bought on impulse (not the platform) and still haven't played for more than an hour or so... I need to learn more self discipline.

Mirror's Edge. I should have known better, the trailer was awesome, the music is good (I got the score), but the game dropping over 50% in price before I bought it should have been an indication.

I'd say the only game I ever regret legally accquiring was the first Empire Earth and perhaps the 2nd one, stupid thing is horribly slow even on hardware that is roughly a year old.

Some of the ported games are plain horrible. They are resource hoggers and eat up insane amounts of memory and processing power for no reason. More frustrating is the fact that their graphics and physics still remain below par and unimpressive. I don't need to mention names here. People here are wise enough to find out.

gta iv.

im surely gonna get flamed for this :)

GTA IV for me too, thats the only game i regret buying in the last couple of years.

The game was a bore and I found it too realistic compared to the other GTA games, it annoys me thinking i spent ?40 on it :pinch:

Saint's Row 2

Blockbuster didn't have it available to rent, and I wanted it ASAP to play with the boyfriend over Xbox Live while he was out of town. They had a used copy for sale, though, for $25, so I bought it.

Terrible purchase. Even at that price.

Parts of it were semi-enjoyable (it takes a lot to completely disappoint me when it comes to games and movies) but the game was so buggy that it was nearly impossible to play for a solid half-hour without something messing up. Every single "session" that we played together, either his game would completely freeze up, or mine would, and we'd have to reboot and restart from the last save point. It got old very fast.

Anyone looking to purchase Saint's Row 2 for $10 + shipping? :)

-Emily

Saint's Row 2

Blockbuster didn't have it available to rent, and I wanted it ASAP to play with the boyfriend over Xbox Live while he was out of town. They had a used copy for sale, though, for $25, so I bought it.

Terrible purchase. Even at that price.

Parts of it were semi-enjoyable (it takes a lot to completely disappoint me when it comes to games and movies) but the game was so buggy that it was nearly impossible to play for a solid half-hour without something messing up. Every single "session" that we played together, either his game would completely freeze up, or mine would, and we'd have to reboot and restart from the last save point. It got old very fast.

Anyone looking to purchase Saint's Row 2 for $10 + shipping? :)

-Emily

I played it last year at a Best Buy event here in Toronto, the best minigame by far is when you have to spray houses, etc with sh*t!

Edited by Cy-Kill

Halo ODST, what a pile of rubbish.

Prince of Persia, "Collect thousands of annoying glowing things"

Brothers in arms: Hell's highway (Traded in)

I should really rent games before buying them :/ Trading in is ok, but you lose a lot of the initial purchase value. I quite like that leaked document of Sony's the other day that mentioned that you may be able to try full games for 1 hour from PSN.

A lot of people are saying CoD: MW2.

I love the game; definitely one of the best of the year, in my opinion. I'm certainly not suggesting that everyone has the same tastes as me, but just to cultivate my curiosity, what exactly do you guys find so terrible about it?

-Emily