Games you regret buying

I hope they port Halo 3, ODST, Halo Wars, and Reach to PC, that way I won't have to get a console to play them.

Meh. The single-player storyline is OK, but the best part of Halo 3 is the online gaming. Not sure a PC port will have the same following online as it does for the xbox 360.

The first Halo port was so horribly done, that I will avoid Halo 2 and 3 (if it is ported).

There are better FPS games for the PC that aren't ports. I say, read the cliff notes and move on.

Age of Conan

The only game I have ever bought that I regretted buying.

Yeah, that was bad. Will the real WoW killer please stand-up?

Fallout 3 is the only game I regret buying (at least in recent memory). The PC version was such a **** poor port of the console version.

No it wasn't. It's scientifically proven that it's not a bad port at all (yes I do know it was developed for the 360 first) but it plays wonderfully on PC with no bad port symptoms that I can think of....

I'd have to say Prototype, sooo average. Also I picked up Assasins Creed for $5 and literally got bored of it after about 3 hours.

Due to my very critical nature I rarely buy games I'm unsure about, so I also rarely end up disappointed. Though, the last time I remember being truly disappointed was Little Big Planet!

I bought that game because a female friend of mine really wanted to try it yet she doesn't even a PS3 or any console for that matter. I decided to buy the game so she could try it at my place, also giving me the chance of trying it out. She walked away bored of the game after a single session and same thing happened to me - Such an awful game that is only kept artificially alive by all the junk

the community release and that rare gem which is fun for exactly 5 minutes.

Smooth ;)

Im gonna say for this year i bought MOSTLY steam sale packs and so on, so while alot of games in those didnt last me, they were worth the value

One game that i didnt buy as a discount that im think is the worst and most terrible game release i have ever been through was Demigod. It was worse than hellgate, because hellgate was a sinking ship and it was obvious, with demigod it was constant lies from the Dev's about the 'future' of the game.

Farcry (PC) - Just never got into it.

F.E.A.R. (PC) - same again, never really got into it.

SSX (Wii) - Reviews were promising, but can't play it, don't enjoy it

Perfect Dark Zero (360) - First game I bought for my xbox, after enjoying the N64 PD so much. Massively disappointed.

age of conan, warhammer, champions online.

hell i still have my champions key unused. is it any better then at launch?

I'm assuming that was the key for the Closed Beta, if so, it wouldn't work now.

I'm assuming that was the key for the Closed Beta, if so, it wouldn't work now.

I preorder for the beta. then I thought the beta is pretty good so I will buy it. so I bought the game but then I had to do something and never got around to entering my actual key. so I still have it in my room.

but i want to now what the game is like compared to release

They didn't really do anything to it for release, I was in both Betas: closed & open, and really not much changed, all they seem to keep doing now is trying to balance the game, etc.

The Sims 3, only because it seems to have more bugs with every update EA releases. The latest update makes the launcher program crash as soon as it's loaded about 1/3 of the time, and so far I've found seven new bugs that weren't in my game before (one of them major that halts game play), and one that still hasn't been fixed -- the game randomly crashing without an error or warning when building a house.

I think the saddest part is that I'm not too surprised by any of it.

Assassin's Creed 2. Got platinum in about a week, not much replay value, had to push myself to finish it, the ending (boss battle) was ho-hum, and all the "truthiness" sort of seems to distract from what could be a cool action game. I think Ubisoft are trying too hard with this series.

Mass Effect. The controls. The load times. The stupid elevator rides. The plot that I could care less about.

Fallout 3. I guess I expected this is be more of a shooter and less of an RPG. Honestly I should have known. In my opinion Borderlands is what Fallout 3 should have been.

Someone else mentioned Resistance 2 earlier in the thread, and I would have to agree with that one too. I bought the game and it's still sitting unopened on my shelf. :laugh:

Hmm let's see...

Ferrari Challenge (PS3) - It's actually a good game but I find it insanely hard, so I hardly touch it!

Ridge Racer 6 (X360) - It's fun but I find it insanely hard, so I hardly touch it!

Fatal Inertia EX (PS3) - Wipeout HD is infinitely better, why I bought this rubbish I'll never know :p

Those are my main "why the hell I buy those?" games that come to mind, probably a few more but I've forgotten (they were that bad haha).