Games you regret buying

Call of Duty Final Fronts (absolutely atrocious). I have a love/hate relationship with MW2. It's good but not as I expected. I don't regret buying it per se but I wish I would've rented it first. I also have to say Resistance 1. I had rented the 2nd one first and loved it so I bought that. I figured after beating it the first would be good too but I couldnt even get through the first few missions, it just bored me. The controls are different and it has a weird feel to it. Not as well polished I guess. Goes against the others here who hate 2 :p

Edited by Kreuger

Civilizations 3. After spending countless hours on Civ2 a decade before that, I never managed to accomplish anything with Civ3.

Ages of Empires 2. Again, I spent a lot of time on the previous one, but could never get into 2.

Flight Simulator 98. I thought it'd keep me interested long enough to learn it, but I apparently lack the patience to "do it right".

GTA IV, but that's only because I'm still using a system that can't handle it. I thought I would've upgraded by now. By the time I'll have the system for it, the game will probably be in the bargain bin.

I'm almost tempted to add SimCity 4, but years later, I still wish I had the time to invest in this game. Nothing wrong with the game itself, really...

GoW2, maybe the biggest let down for me to date.

Rainbow Six:Vegas2, didn't even finish the game.

Edited by killmaster84

Modern Warfare 2 for PC. Sure, console games can get away with this crap, but user hosted games on pc?! I play more mw1 than I do the second. I prefer everything about the second game, except the dedicated servers issue, but the lack of dedicated servers ruins the game for me.

The game plays just as fine for me with the new IWnet

Killzone 2. Perfect example of great graphics, massive hype, and terrible executions. I really thought this game would the the psn savior but boy was i wrong.

Wow, some interesting comments in this thread. A couple games I see listed, I love personally. Age of Conan (don't play anymore, gave up MMO's, but I enjoyed my time there), Mass Effect (absolutely love that game), and a few others.. but anyway, to be more on topic.

Probably my biggest let down was, Empire: Total War (PC). It just didn't feel like a TW game to me, it felt empty. About the only thing it had going for it was the graphics. Nothing in TW franchise can compete with the greatness that is Rome: Total War.

Far Cry 2

Bought it on the day of release, initially it was pretty nice, but then I realized you had to cross west to east each mission and take out the same guardposts every other minute even though you completely wiped those out only 5 minutes ago. And apart from that, the game wasn't really great, my gun broke way too often and always in the most ****ty situations.

Of course I did pay full price for it so I forced myself to play it, hoping it would get better, it never did.

grid. i bought it on a steam deal a few weeks back and even though it only cost me ?3.74, i still feel like i was robbed. :(

Need for Speed Undercover, Red Alert 3 + Uprising.

Darn you EA for messing up the RA franchise!

Didn't you know, that's all EA is good at, is screwing over established franchises!

last game I bought that I regretted was hellgate: london. had good potential but the devs didnt listen to the players in either beta, and never put the effort into fixing it after launch.

(all on xbox360)

ODST - I only use the multi-player disc from it at LANs - I don't think I've played a quarter of the campaign, I just never got into it.

[Prototype] - I only liked watching someone play it, once I started playing it myself I got bored very quickly.

edit:

GTA4 - due to the fact that my first xbox360 cracked the sh#ts and locked up all the time playing it, and everyone I knew stopped playing it once I got my xbox360 repaired... thus never playing it much. Multi-player was also 'meh' and thats the time when I got obessesed playing GH3.

GH world Tour - was also a let down, it was crap unless you had every other instrument. Guitar was too easy on medium... hard was easy at times depending what songs (Muse - Assassin, IMPOSSIBLE on hard - lol :p) so the game was annoying and boring at the same time.

Edited by rhinestoner