[Official] Bioshock 2

I more or less agree with these except for the less linear levels, but that's just a prefence of gameplay. I liked the way you could combine plasmids to a degree and I used all of them, but I did find myself kind of forcing that issue when I realized I was mainly using the freeze. IMO this wasnt a bad game, but it was no Bioshock 1.

This I actually enjoyed. I love to explore the environment in games, always have, even if I have to glitch my way out to discover something :)

At first I was scared to roam around feeling I would trip a "cutscene" or sequence without completing a quest and was happy to find out nothing really happened without initiating specific actions. Picking up free plasmids ahead of time worked out great! My main grip still rests on the FOV and the story; I forced myself to play it all the way through on PC and semi regret it. The first impression really dampened my perspective of the title, though in the end, the weak story and concepts simply didn't work with me at all.

This I actually enjoyed. I love to explore the environment in games, always have, even if I have to glitch my way out to discover something :)

At first I was scared to roam around feeling I would trip a "cutscene" or sequence without completing a quest and was happy to find out nothing really happened without initiating specific actions. Picking up free plasmids ahead of time worked out great! My main grip still rests on the FOV and the story; I forced myself to play it all the way through on PC and semi regret it. The first impression really dampened my perspective of the title, though in the end, the weak story and concepts simply didn't work with me at all.

I agree with you, I like the less linear levels. I could have worded that better in my post you quoted. The less linear a game is, the more I like it.

• 1 month later...

http://www.electronictheatre.co.uk/index.php/industry-news/4801-bioshock-2-receives-three-new-dlc-packages-single-player-expansion-announced

BioShock 2 Receives Three New DLC Packages, Single-Player Expansion Announced

2K Games has announced today the Rapture Metro Pack, the second installment of post-launch downloadable content (DLC) for the critically acclaimed BioShock 2 is now available from both the Xbox LIVE Marketplace for the Xbox 360 for 800 Microsoft Points and from the PlayStation Network for ?7.99. All content will be arriving on Games for Windows ? LIVE Marketplace at a later date for 800 Microsoft Points.

The Rapture Metro Pack package extends and enhances the multiplayer experience by adding six new maps that take place over areas from the single-player portion of BioShock 2. In addition, 2K Games has also released two separate BioShock 2 multiplayer expansions. The first, which is available to download for free, is an all-new game mode called Kill?em Kindly - a new fast-paced experience where players must fight to the death using nothing but golf clubs. The second, the Character Pack, adds two new characters to the multiplayer gameplay and is available for 160 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE Marketplace or ?1.59 on PlayStation Network.

Rapture Metro Pack Contents:

? Six new maps

? Rank increase to level 50

? Rebirth feature that will give players who have reached Rank 50 the option to rank down to level 1 and receive a special mask

? Three new achievements/trophies

Kill?em Kindly Contents:

? All-new melee-based game mode where players fight to the death using golf clubs

Character Pack Contents:

? Two new characters for use in multiplayer: Zigo the Fisherman and Blanche the Actress

In the coming months, 2K Games will also publish DLC that extends the single-player experience, providing new insight into the world of Rapture. These packages will expand the narrative, and introduce new tools and challenges that extend the lore and fiction of the failed utopia under the sea.

BioShock 2?s first DLC package, Sinclair Solutions Tester Pack, is currently available for download from both the Xbox LIVE Marketplace for the Xbox 360 and Games for Windows - LIVE for 400 Microsoft Points, and from the PlayStation Network for ?3.99. Future expansions into the world of BioShock 2 are slated to arrive over the coming months and Electronic Theatre will keep you updated with all the latest details.

:)

The game was just good enough for me to be interested in some expansion. Even tho I didn't love this game like I did the first, I still do think it has some of the best atmosphere of any game series ever.

• 3 months later...

New Single Player bits would be pretty cool, as long as its worth it and actually adds to the story and atmosphere of Rapture.

Picked up Minerva's Den, the SP DLC... really nice, the story is probably better than the BS2 story, even though it's along the same lines -- playing as Big Daddy, nice twist that you end up seeing coming if you pay decent attention to the recordings. Three levels, new weapons (lazerz!!) and new Big Daddy (w/ lazerz!!!), and some new splicers (fire Brutes and Frost Houdinis). Well done, took a couple hours but I like to explore, a decent player could probably get through it in 90 minutes or less if they really tried.

Has nothing to do with the BS2 story, tho, aside from a couple mentions of Sofia Lamb.

• 1 month later...

Properly sat down to play this last night and found the time flying by laugh.gif Quite enjoying it.

Maybe it's because such a large gap has passed since I played Bioshock and SP FPS as of late have been cat ****, who knows, but all that matters is I'm having fun....