Beware XFX Video card lifetime warranty

i have the same exact card as the OP, purchased around 9 months ago

the fan is loud as heck and i have cleaned it a few times

i will def be keeping a closer look on it now

ive purchased 2 XFX cards, it says when you open the box up that you have to register it ASAP. Said it with my 8800gt and my 6800gt.

In my opinion the OP screwed up, not XFX.

I agree with the posts that you didn't follow the regulations and therefore do not qualify for the lifetime warranty. What I will add is that with the attitude you showed not many people will want to help you, and let me tell you, the person you are dealing with can have a lot of influence on getting the desired result you want.

I agree with the posts that you didn't follow the regulations and therefore do not qualify for the lifetime warranty. What I will add is that with the attitude you showed not many people will want to help you, and let me tell you, the person you are dealing with can have a lot of influence on getting the desired result you want.

ironman is completely right, you came off pretty pompus in your replies to XFX. I actually registered my 6800gt about six months late, asked them nicely if i could get away with it (card wasn't damaged/defective though) and they said yes.

There is nothing wrong with this being their warranty policy. The point everyone has conveniently glossed over, is the fact no notice is given that registration is necessary. That is what makes it a dishonest policy.

I have an 8600 GT that was just denied warranty, same problems as original poster. I read every pdf on the support cd, every page of the english language section of the manual that came with the box, and all the fine print on the box. In short, I read everything that came with the card. No mention, anywhere, unless it is in the sections of the manual printed in languages I cannot read.

To have a policy like this, is not bad customer service. To have a policy like this, and give the end user/customer NO NOTICE that this is the policy, not even in the fine print, is very bad customer service.

ho yeah..... I forgot to put this link I found in my original post..... http://www.ripoffreport.com/Computer-Graph...marke-and23.htm

8 bad reports over a 2 year period. Not a bad track record really. And it looks like one of those reports was in the process of being resolved but the customer failed to get back to the people trying to help. Fail on his part.

No matter how good a company is, there's always going to be a few who slip through the cracks for any number of reasons, as no system is perfect.

This is silly, don't blame XFX for your oversite and don't assume it will cost them anything. It appears you boned yourself with those snide replies in your discussion transcript, probably could have gotten a lot further without the hostile tone.

There is nothing wrong with this being their warranty policy. The point everyone has conveniently glossed over, is the fact no notice is given that registration is necessary. That is what makes it a dishonest policy.

you mean except during the request to register your product you get when you install the official drivers ? or in the warranty information "card" ? or on the sticker on the box ?

yeah you're right. except for those, there's not notice given.

i had the same thing happen to me, i don't even remember if i read the "register to get "lifetime warranty" " part or simply forgot about it, about year and half after that my card died, i was angry at myself and also evga for using such a cheap tactic.

after i got my xfx 5850 i registered the same day i received the card, i also found out their life time warranty is actually a 2 year warranty in europe and that they have terrible customer service (at least in europe)

• 4 weeks later...

In this case, there's not much NCIX can do about it since it's been a year already, regardless of whether or not you're a Premier Partner or not.

so you work for thems?

If i was you id just send them an email or call them back and let them know how poor quality product they make for it to die this soon and that if they dont intend to replace it that woul will tell your friends and family not to purchase any of their product ever again and that you will take your story to your local tv station and a few other reporting websites......it may not work but its worth a try.....worked for a GE fridge for me :)

Well..... the quality of your replies could be altered by some sort of "conflict of interest"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conflict_of_interest

http://www.xfxforce.com/en-us/Help/Support/WarrantyInformation.aspx

See what I did there.

Admit it. You did not take the time to read the papers and that came along with the graphics card. They usually include a separate piece of paper that says "You must register this product online."

In other words. ITS YOUR FAULT. Go to the store buy some reasonability and stop bashing a company that did nothing wrong.