Lens Question

Could also be that you have a $200 lens...? There's a reason people shell out $1800+ for the 70-200mm f2.8 IS/VR lenses.

could be, but that wouldn't really explain the hit or miss results at 300mm now would it :p

oh, I was under the impression that it was all of your shots at that range are bad.

Are you able to reproduce bad quality images? Like with XXXmm FX.X 1/xxx ALL shots are bad, but XXXm FY.Y 1/YYYY shots are good? Or is it completely random?

I think dracionian was on the right track, i think it was a matter of ideal conditions, since it was one of my first outings with the camera I didn't really understand fully how the lack of IS would affect it. I'll test it out in brighter conditions with higher shutter speeds to see how the results are.

XXXmm FX.X 1/xxx ALL shots are bad, but XXXm FY.Y 1/YYYY

Say wah! :s Oh wait I get it now :p

I think dracionian was on the right track, i think it was a matter of ideal conditions, since it was one of my first outings with the camera I didn't really understand fully how the lack of IS would affect it. I'll test it out in brighter conditions with higher shutter speeds to see how the results are.

Of course I am :shifty: Now please my $50 for the consult, credit cards and paypal NOT accepted. Seriously now, I hope I am right, because returning equipment sucks, no matter how easy it is, it's just a hassle.

@Crazzy, Wow I wouldn't shell out $1800 only if my lifes work depended on it, but on an amateur level, heck no! I'd buy a tripod and always shoot at 12pm during spring!

@Crazzy, Wow I wouldn't shell out $1800 only if my lifes work depended on it, but on an amateur level, heck no! I'd buy a tripod and always shoot at 12pm during spring!

cool..? I did. It's probably the best investment I can make as a photographer. Lenses like that are good for so long. I can easily have this lens for 10 years. That's only $160 a year (I got mine for used for 1600). And considering I make more than that every year USING that lens, it pays for itself.

cool..? I did. It's probably the best investment I can make as a photographer. Lenses like that are good for so long. I can easily have this lens for 10 years. That's only $160 a year (I got mine for used for 1600). And considering I make more than that every year USING that lens, it pays for itself.

Wow, $1600 is too much for me :s Though I would consider 70-200mm 2.8 non vr/IS if it was under $1000. Like I said, my photography is limited to prints for me/give away to friends whilst you already do stuff for school paper IIRC? That's already something non-amateur in my book at least.

I actually don't shoot for the paper any more. I do, however, shoot for my college's sports program. And you definitely need a 70-200 at the very least for sports.

Nikon has an 80-200mm f2.8 for $1000. Canon has a 70-200mm f4.0 for like $700 and an IS version of the F4 for about $1000. Don't forget sigma and tamron. Each has a 70-200mm f2.8 for about $700. Lots of options in the 70-200 range.

I actually don't shoot for the paper any more. I do, however, shoot for my college's sports program. And you definitely need a 70-200 at the very least for sports.

Nikon has an 80-200mm f2.8 for $1000. Canon has a 70-200mm f4.0 for like $700 and an IS version of the F4 for about $1000. Don't forget sigma and tamron. Each has a 70-200mm f2.8 for about $700. Lots of options in the 70-200 range.

Still you shoot for "insert X", which is grades above amateur IMO, other people will see your work ( Probably more people than those who see my shots at flickr too :s :p) , therefor it needs to be teh best and that = teh best glass = $$$. I do see myself getting fast glass down the road, it's just the way to go, but glass under $1000, over that is just to much for any amateur, at least for me :s

Though F4 is too slow for $700 :s on the canon.