[Art] Painting - Megaman

I thought I'd post my painting I did for my boyfriend for Christmas. This is my first pixel art painting.

I love to draw and I've only started painting this year. I'm slowly getting into it, it's a bit hard because I'm a perfectionist and that I'm only starting to get my grips on my type of painting style.

hope you like it :)

post-72178-1261867509_thumb.jpg

Here's a close up of his face and arm. Pretty hard to get those pixels so straight with a little paint brush. (at least it looks good from a distance :p)

The background is done with gauche.

Megaman is painted with acrylics.

post-72178-1261868357_thumb.jpg

I paint as well and have painted pretty much my entire life. First off let me say good job. Very good job. (Y)

Second off for this blown up pixel style, you could easily create a custom brush (or I have even seen them for sale) that is a perfect square and just dip in it paint and "dab" on each square. These type of square brushes are usually made out of a more hard spongey like substance. This way it is not so hard and tedious to paint the squares by hand with a brush. If nothing else you can use the square brush as the foundation and then paint over it.

Just thought I would share, as I have done similar type paintings awhile back, and the approach I suggest above wound up being the one that I found most efficient yet it still achieved the desired look and result.

I paint as well and have painted pretty much my entire life. First off let me say good job. Very good job. (Y)

Second off for this blown up pixel style, you could easily create a custom brush (or I have even seen them for sale) that is a perfect square and just dip in it paint and "dab" on each square. These type of square brushes are usually made out of a more hard spongey like substance. This way it is not so hard and tedious to paint the squares by hand with a brush. If nothing else you can use the square brush as the foundation and then paint over it.

Just thought I would share, as I have done similar type paintings awhile back, and the approach I suggest above wound up being the one that I found most efficient yet it still achieved the desired look and result.

Interesting. I will definitely look into that! :D each pixel was 6mm x 6mm

also.. this picture was my reference:

post-72178-1261900895.jpg

• 2 months later...