Why Vista is So hated, and Why 7 is doing mcuh better.

Vista on launch did have some bugs that really hampered it launch and put me off using it.

File copying bug and the network / audio bug.

Also memory usage was very high.

Vista was pretty much fixed by SP1.

Windows 7 was a much better release and is really what Windows Vista should have been, i know that Vista was built on new technology but first impressions last for a lot of people especially when a lot of people use their computers for work.

If i'm honest, I never had a issue with vista but i've not had it long really so i think they've fixed all the issues,

Yet i remember XP when it first came out, It died about every three daysish and had to reinstall about every two months for first year.

Untill its became a little bit more stable.

Although i've taken advantage of the free upgrade offer for 7 so at somepoint it should turn up at my house so then i'd have more of an opinion

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was one of the Unlucky people with a HP PC with OEM everything,, my Seagate 7200.11 drive got the Firmware "go to sleep affect" and didnt have a PC for a month,,, and I have to say Seagate gave me eventually a new 500 gig drive,, I got the Vista Premium 64 Re-Install disks from HP with some sort of Supplementary disk along with the 3 normal disks:: and after Installation of Vista sp1 I Immediately installed Vista Sp2 ,, and my PC is working better than when I got it new !!!!!!!!!!!,( I wonder what is on the Supplementary disk )

If anything I prefer Vista Premium than Win 7 ,, I have read and read about the new Features in win7, but I for one havent found any new Feature that makes me go "WoW " really not One. Vista had the Aero skin from the get go nothing new there, if you went from XP directly to Win7 you might have a false opinion on Vista ,,,, 80% of Win 7 is Vista::::: Load up Commodo Firewall and Avast 5.0 Anti- Virus ( both free) and all is well,, and remember the saying

"If it isnt Broke dont fix It "

By the way love your forum format one of the best I have encountered .. :yes: