1. 1. Choose this

• It's wrong
    • It's boring
    • It sucks
    • It shouldn't say out here, this is sensitive
    • It shouldn't say out here, I should complain to Microsoft
    • It's fine, but I'm scared of fanboys

I'm wondering when this thread will be locked :D

Have you ever looked their "Feedback" or "Feature request" page??? Did you ever make feature request for any software? maybe you haven't but many dudes do that.

When will? I think it's when they want to erase the truth.

I sent a lot of feedback for many products. The least fixed company is Microsoft.

I did a lot, hoped for changing. But not.

Another examples: .NET Framework Distributable package (3.5 SP1: >200MB), DirectX Redist (>100MB),...

If you purchased a modern operating system expect to have to run it on modern hardware, this includes processor, memory and storage.

Bloat really is a term applied to unneeded features, windows 7 is not bloated more than any other software product. Is it bigger thank windows XP, yes in the same way photoshop CS4 is larger than photoshop 1.0. Windows XP is a lot larger than Windows 1.0. However this is due to the features that are added to the product.

This is not about protecting a brand or company, this is about understanding the evolution of computers both hardware and software. I would be saying the same thing to someone who complains about the install size of Ubuntu 9.10 compared to Slackware 1.0, features and modern technology require more resources. This cycle will continue and we will all be back here asking why windows 8 requires more storage than 7.

When will? I think it's when they want to erase the truth.

I sent a lot of feedback for many products. The least fixed company is Microsoft.

I did a lot, hoped for changing. But not.

Another examples: .NET Framework Distributable package (3.5 SP1: >200MB), DirectX Redist (>100MB),...

Like you, there are thousands everyday who want things fixed or new features... and when they see poll, they go for highly demanded. If you want something fixed, you have to make it a BIG issue and make others like you to hail on Ballmers, the only good strategy the way i see it.

Umm, with all the added support and features, how would Windows get smaller as the years go on?

Just doesn't make sense. And who really complains about the installation size? Every PC now comes with at least a 500GB HDD or bigger.. Hard drives are fairly cheap these days.

I find Windows 7 faster than Windows XP, maybe it's because I have upgraded my hardware from 8 years ago.

to +techbeck, Xilo, JunkMail:

Why do you always say I have to move to another OS?

I think I complained this because it's for everyone: to have more disk space.

This is complain to make things better, not worse.

I'm not a troll or whatever, the truth: I can what I really felt.

to REM:

+1

Finally: I start to hope Windows 8 will less bloat, just twice amount of Windows XP - and this is excellent

My computer is a newly-bought one with 300GB of hard disk and 4GB of RAM. But I can't stop complaining Windows 7's size compared to nice Windows XP one.

keyword: bought

go thru and disable all the unneeded trials and advisors and wizards and extra ****

to REM:

+1

Finally: I start to hope Windows 8 will less bloat, just twice amount of Windows XP - and this is excellent

Win8 will be bigger or the same size. Dont expect it to be smaller.

And I said move to a diff OS because apparently u dont like the size of 7.

And out of curiosity, what are your PC specs?

keyword: bought

go thru and disable all the unneeded trials and advisors and wizards and extra ****

already did, still bloat.

(+1 for JunkMail and Andrew Lyle latest comments)

What? We really going to split hairs over 8 measly GB? Even on my netbook that is insignificant. Look at how much % space DOS and Windows 3.1 took back in the day compared to Windows 7 on even a modest 160GB hard drive. /yawn

Win8 will be bigger or the same size. Dont expect it to be smaller.

And I said move to a diff OS because apparently u dont like the size of 7.

And out of curiosity, what are your PC specs?

This is sad.

PC Specs: Can't not say directly here. It's 300GB HDD, 4GB RAM DDR2, 512MB Graphic.

Windows 7 installation disc is approx. 2,45 GB and installed size is approx. 8 GB.

I gave up here... mainly because an installation size doesn't equal bloat... anyone who thinks so clearly doesn't understand software. If the only intentions were to minimise the OS size then we would be using ancient operating systems. The cost of hard drives nowadays means this installation size is a non issue.

to REM:

+1

Do you have freezer in your house? Now what would the life be if its half or empty? Children would go hungry! The same goes with new OSes, you maybe old and mature user (experienced user) of old version but there are so many newcomers (population always grows more, imless there are terrorists and wars) and newcomers know nothing about size, they like the fancy. Add to that, they request more fancy...

New Programmers at MS also do the same thing probably... hehe

nevertheless, if you don't feel comfortable with the bloat, there are tools out there but new users want to explore more... MS is obviously not going to cut fat :p

Because disk space is not an issue and it's not an issue for most people.

In the age of 1TB-2TB storage disks and 350GB-500GB disks coming standard in everything, along with the popularity of externals, complaining about a few GB's (or MB's as you were complaining about) of space being taken up is utter nonsense.

Increasing features requires extra disk space. Plain and simple. There's no arguing about it.

What? We really going to split hairs over 8 measly GB? Even on my netbook that is insignificant. Look at how much % space DOS and Windows 3.1 took back in the day compared to Windows 7 on even a modest 160GB hard drive. /yawn

you're so positive. 8GB is measly? OMG. Don't compared yours to ordinary people.

I don't think it is bloated on features, either. As for the crapware/useless-ware people complain about, that is installed on your PC by whoever you bought your PC from (not Microsoft). If you do a clean install of Windows 7 about the only thing I kinda see as extra useless feature are the Gadgets (but to some people those are really useful, so I think they are justifiably included).

Because disk space is not an issue and it's not an issue for most people.

In the age of 1TB-2TB storage disks and 350GB-500GB disks coming standard in everything, along with the popularity of externals, complaining about a few GB's (or MB's as you were complaining about) of space being taken up is utter nonsense.

Increasing features requires extra disk space. Plain and simple. There's no arguing about it.

Fine

features and modern technology require more resources. This cycle will continue and we will all be back here asking why windows 8 requires more storage than 7.
Umm, with all the added support and features, how would Windows get smaller as the years go on?

Make me happy, name these added features that take many gigabytes more space than what Win XP did.

Windows 7 has been a big disappointment for me because there has been so little evolution since XP. I can even spot a few superbar bugs that were there eight years ago in XP. :(

Why is it sad?

And how much free HD space do you have?

It is sad because you said Windows 8 is not going to be slimmer.

I'm having 288GB free space. :D

I complained this for my friends, who installed Windows 7 in 40GB HDD.

you're so positive. 8GB is measly? OMG. Don't compared yours to ordinary people.

How many times are you going to post your exact same opinion and arguments in the same thread? :laugh:

If you can't handle reading other people's opinions that don't agree with yours don't participate in forum discussions. I'm so positive, OMG! :wacko:

It is sad because you said Windows 8 is not going to be slimmer.

I'm having 288GB free space. :D

I complained this for my friends, who installed Windows 7 in 40GB HDD.

time for them to buy a bigger HD then