TuneUP Utilities 2010 vs. Norton Utilities

Question

Just remembered the period when Symantec decided my security & management of my computer .. after a while TU2010 came as an alternative .. which is the best now ?

Needs :

- defragment

- registry cleaning & defrag

- registry and files repair

Thanks !

8 answers to this question

They don't make Norton utilities anymore do they?

and if you ask me Iolo System Mechanic Professional is the best of that type of program, TU has "Other" features like custom VS enabling but you can get that online for free

Is there really a need for either application? Windows 7 works just fine without any tuning tools on my system.

System mechanic also has firewall and av to

it has other useful stuff that is not related to registry, altho the registry defragment by itself made my Win 7 boot up faster, Learned my lesson long ago that reg cleaners are more hassle than they are worth

Registry Winner does that all! These days a person has to look to the SIZE of app before getting it installed. Norton still makes Utilities but they're heavily bloated plus they very tightly integrate to your shell (and not to forget their uninstaller zucks).

i use tuneup and like it

These days a person has to look to the SIZE of app before getting it installed

i have to ask why HD space is cheap if your talking background processes then i would tend to agree

TU - I use it because I trust it. I have been using it for 6 years or something like that. It has managed to fix annoying system issues and even corrupted (unbootable) system!