Show us your workstations!

how come so many of you have minimalistic rooms?

Why not? It's aesthetic. What a joke if you have a "super-stylish" computer and a room that's a total mess.

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" -Leonardo da Vinci

The more stuff you have in the room, the harder it is to focus on the task at hand.

i love having a minimalistic room, my room looks clean and nice! Hate having too many thing in and around my room...

Aesthetics and cleanliness. I cannot work in an environment that is filled with unnecessary clutter and/or gear. :)

Do you mind posting some shots of the back of your setup so I can get an idea of how you managed/organized/hid all of your wiring? :)

Ya I will take some pictures, there will be done some more work on hiding the wires better, when my exams are over :D

Do not quote pictures on the reply, but feel free to have a huge signature :)

Also, minimalistic is good, but most people on here spend a good 3hrs cleaning the workstation and choosing 1 picture from 50 before posting :)

and don't come back with your lies, I know you do!!

Do you mind posting some shots of the back of your setup so I can get an idea of how you managed/organized/hid all of your wiring? :)

My wires :) Everything is behind and beside my subwoofers

Wires1.jpg

Wires2.jpg

Wires3.jpg

Wires4.jpg

Edited by Tamilboy86

Because it looks better and gives a sense of peace.

+1

wire clutter makes me crazy... :wacko:

Do not quote pictures on the reply, but feel free to have a huge signature :)

Also, minimalistic is good, but most people on here spend a good 3hrs cleaning the workstation and choosing 1 picture from 50 before posting :)

and don't come back with your lies, I know you do!!

Well if you put things back where they belong after use, there is no need to use 3hrs on cleaning, 5min is enough ;). And do you really think that people takes 50 pictures just to show one picture : /..

+1

wire clutter makes me crazy... :wacko:

Well if you put things back where they belong after use, there is no need to use 3hrs on cleaning, 5min is enough ;). And do you really think that people takes 50 pictures just to show one picture : /..

I almost guarentee most people take a few and pic one. 50 may have been a slight exaduaration.

Also, most people will turn into messy/party animals for 3 months after posting and when it gets reset again, then they spend 3hrs cleaning up to take a cool photo :)

Then there are people who just don't care and take a photo, which are always interesting to look at.

My wires :) Everything is behind and beside my subwoofers

Ah nice, thanks for the pics!

I've been trying to figure out my own mess of wires, but it's harder since I have a UPS and not a simple surge protector. :(

I almost guarentee most people take a few and pic one. 50 may have been a slight exaduaration.

Also, most people will turn into messy/party animals for 3 months after posting and when it gets reset again, then they spend 3hrs cleaning up to take a cool photo :)

Then there are people who just don't care and take a photo, which are always interesting to look at.

Maybe some people do clean up before posting pictures, but that doesn't mean that most of them do that.. ;) there are also people that like to keep it clean... :)

Ah nice, thanks for the pics!

I've been trying to figure out my own mess of wires, but it's harder since I have a UPS and not a simple surge protector. :(

I'v seen boxes to hide wires in different designs in some stores, maybe be you could try those..

Yay, cleaned my desk, but my phone/camera decided to be arse and make the room look pitch black, even though it's light.

Good ol' PC

pc.jpg

Huge 55" LED :)

tv.jpg

Might take pictures again tomorrow when my camera wants to be a camera

Maybe some people do clean up before posting pictures, but that doesn't mean that most of them do that.. ;) there are also people that like to keep it clean... :)
My workstation is never messy, neither is my room/home!

Same here. :) A clean and dust-free environment leads to comfort, productivity, and serenity (as silly as this may sound to some). I find clutter and messiness to be stressful, although I'm sure that others feel more comfortable in a messy environment. Different strokes.