Couple repents immediately after divorce

SOUTHEND-ON-SEA, England, Jan. 1 (UPI) -- A British couple who divorced at leisure repented in haste and decided to remarry almost immediately.

Lee Jones told the Daily Mail his Christmas Eve marriage to his ex-wife, Jan, was "the best decision we ever made." The couple decided to tie the knot a second time Nov. 10, the day their decree became absolute, but waited for the ceremony because Christmas Eve would be "romantic."

The 10 Jones children served as attendants for their wedding at the Southend-on-Sea registry office.

The couple married the first time in 1990 in a traditional church wedding in Southend, where they still live. Lee Jones said money problems after he lost his job as a civil engineer with Thames Water in June put a strain on their marriage. But he said the period of separation was the worst time he has ever had.

The day the divorce became final, Jan Jones called her husband and they ended up getting together for a talk.

"We were sitting at the kitchen table together and I said, 'But I still love you,' and he said, 'I still love you -- why are we doing it?' We decided to give it another go," she said.

Source