[Hobby] Piano

I played a while back however had to give it up due to lack of time :(, I still like to have a play every now and then though :D

I did, however I haven't in years. I was quite heavily involved and still have a fully-equipped recording studio in my home. I have not entered that room in months. :( I love the instrument, but I simply haven't had the time to pursue it further.

but i play sometimes. though havent played in awhile. hopefully i can take piano next semester

If you are presented with the opportunity to pursue it further, go for it. I have always found it to be one of the most relaxing activities to partake in - it's something I like to refer to as a "stress killer". :)

If you are presented with the opportunity to pursue it further, go for it. I have always found it to be one of the most relaxing activities to partake in - it's something I like to refer to as a "stress killer". :)

yeah it is really nice for reliving stress.

I've never had lessons, but I picked it up by ear. I've been playing since I was 2 or 3, and am 19 now. I love the piano...

I can't read music and I don't know correct fingering, but I can learn songs pretty quickly.

I'm more of a "keyboardist" rather than pianist, since I use my keyboard to create songs via propellerhead's Reason 4.

Awesome hobby :)

Kondrath, what is/are your workstation(s) of choice? I am partial (or was - haven't played for a long, long time) to Yamaha gear and have a P-250 and Motif ES8 in the studio, however I was an avid Kurzweil user as well... I still have a classic PC-88MX sitting around somewhere. That thing must be attracting and collecting dust left and right.

I consider myself more of a keyboardist as well, I have a little home studio setup consisting of a Korg Triton and a MicroKorg along with a Roland TD-12 for drums :-)

Kondrath, what is/are your workstation(s) of choice? I am partial (or was - haven't played for a long, long time) to Yamaha gear and have a P-250 and Motif ES8 in the studio, however I was an avid Kurzweil user as well... I still have a classic PC-88MX sitting around somewhere. That thing must be attracting and collecting dust left and right.

I don't do anything major, so for a keyboard I'm using a "junky" Yamaha portable grand 205. It's just a normal keyboard with usb midi, but it does the job. Though sometimes the "A" keys (yes, every single A key) doesn't work. I'm going to need a better keyboard eventually...

I also have a presonus firebox and AudioTechnica 2020 for vocals.

Edit: TV, that Synthesia thing looks pretty interesting...

• 4 weeks later...