[hobby] Guns.

I received a .22 bolt-action rifle for my birthday, in December. I've shot guns before, but this is the first of my very own. I'm going to be taking a CCW class soon to receive my permit, soon, so I'm sure I'll be getting a handgun shortly thereafter, as well. I love shooting my dad's .357 Magnum, but I don't think that's realistic for me. I'll most likely get a glock of some sort.

-Emily

I personally have 17 weapons registered to my name. One of those weapons happens to be a Winchester Model 1886 Lever Action rifle that is in a display case above my fireplace. I go to the range every Saturday morning with one of my guns. A weapon can have a different purpose than just for firing, barbecue guns are not a new concept.

I thought you didn't have to register weapons that were that old?

I have a few, Ruger P97 .45 cal, Ak-47 (pre ban original), British 303 Mark IV, few shotguns, few .22mag rifles. love shooting them all, and working on getting my CCL for Ohio and 34 other states, also getting my PI license with HS sign-off. Then I can carry all the time, no matter what.

I am working on getting a first gen Colt .45, (found in the south-west area of the us). it was offered to me. Also working on getting my FLA, so I can get some automatic weapons, looking at a M16-A4, and few others.

I have a few, Ruger P97 .45 cal, Ak-47 (pre ban original), British 303 Mark IV, few shotguns, few .22mag rifles. love shooting them all, and working on getting my CCL for Ohio and 34 other states, also getting my PI license with HS sign-off. Then I can carry all the time, no matter what.

I am working on getting a first gen Colt .45, (found in the south-west area of the us). it was offered to me. Also working on getting my FLA, so I can get some automatic weapons, looking at a M16-A4, and few others.

you can actually carry everywhere? I mean with the exception of planes im assuming. since thats near impossible to get.

I love oregon. we dont have to register our guns

Pretty sure you do it's a federal law not a state law concealed carry is a state level law but registration is under the firearms and tobacco laws.

Pretty sure you do it's a federal law not a state law concealed carry is a state level law but registration is under the firearms and tobacco laws.

Nope. We in Indiana do not have to register firearms either.

The federal laws regulate the commercial sale of firearms, requiring all FFL holders to collect the buyer's information, as well as the model and serial numbers of the firearm and call it in to the ATF to acquire approval to sell the firearm to the buyer (it's really more that the buyer is allowed to own a firearm [not a felon, etc.]).

Any sales from person-to-person are perfectly legal and do not require this same paperwork.

States vary on registration - some require it, some don't.

I shot a few rifles as a teen at a camp. It was a .22. Haven't shot anything since. I can definitely see the appeal and I'd like to learn to shoot something with more kick. Do most in the ranges have guns on "loan" for use while shooting or do I have to buy my own. I'm not looking to 'own' for a personal firearm, just to use on a range, though I realize I'll need a permit.

I currently own a .22 bolt action Mossberg (currently out of action), a L1A1 (with an Imbel lower, rail, scope, and thumbhole stock), and a Beretta 8040. On a waiting list for a CCW class for this spring, trying to figure out what to get that's going to be easier to carry than the Beretta. I was thinking about a XD subcompact or some sort of Walther P22.

I shot a few rifles as a teen at a camp. It was a .22. Haven't shot anything since. I can definitely see the appeal and I'd like to learn to shoot something with more kick. Do most in the ranges have guns on "loan" for use while shooting or do I have to buy my own. I'm not looking to 'own' for a personal firearm, just to use on a range, though I realize I'll need a permit.

Well, the shooting ranges I've gone to here in the US, you always have to bring your own, never seen anyone / anywhere loan guns out.

It's strange seeing all these comments from people in other countries, never realized how much the "gun-obsession" applied to Americans only. I own a few guns myself and don't even enjoy shooting them, I honestly think it's pretty boring. Was dragged along hunting as a kid with my dad, like almost every American boy, then handed down my grandfather's old .30-30, a newer .30-06 and I have a .22 S&W locked up at my dad's house somewhere. Standard procedure for most people I know in the US.

Well, the shooting ranges I've gone to here in the US, you always have to bring your own, never seen anyone / anywhere loan guns out.

I'll check it out here. Maybe because its a members-only or club range?

I don't really think much of 'gun culture' in the US. I know of a few Canadians that won't go *anywhere* w/o a firearm. I think it becomes a part of your personality/sense of being.

I liked the sensation of firing the gun. Though I wouldn't spend coutless weekends firing a gun, I could see myself enjoying it every once in a while. One thing for shure. Whatever of the gun culture in the US, I don't know why people think its a good idea to drink some beers and go shootin' afterwards.

Whilst I wouldn't go to the extreme of carrying a gun on my person, I would enjoy shooting for recreation, preferably with a rifle of some sort. Some of these are actually pretty sweet, shame in some senses that sensible shooters can't have guns over here

i have the following:

glock 21 (full size .45 cal)

springfield xd 9mm

romanian wasr-10 (semi auto ak47)

olympic arms ar15 (16" barrel with tac rails, flattop upper, aimpoint, and front grip)

S&W .44 magnum

izhmash saiga 12 (12 gauge semi auto, removable mag, ak style shotgun)

mosin nagant m44 carbine

my roommate has the following:

olympic arms ar15 (20" barrel, upper with carry handle)

springfield xd 9mm (compact model)

bulgarian ak47 (milled receiver, semi auto)

springfield 1911 (milspec .45 cal)

mosin nagant m44 carbine

that's all the stuff in the gun safe right now. i also have a friend that has a bluegrass armory viper .50 cal sniper rifle, and a remington 700 (.380 cal) with a silencer (all legal).

I have a HK USP .45 Compact with a stainless slide and a Walter P22 with a YHM Suppressor. I have my HCP (have had it for the last 2 1/2yrs or so). Haven't been to the range in a while, and I don't carry very often anymore either. Been wanting to get my AR-15 built, but had other things to spend the money on. All I have is my lower receiver lol.

I'll check it out here. Maybe because its a members-only or club range?

Well I'm talking about public privately owned shooting ranges. Actually now that I think of it, a few of the indoor shooting ranges I've been to do have gun rentals. Obviously you have to fill out some paperwork, etc, but that would be best. Or just borrow a friend's gun and go out in the forest somewhere. :p

I don't really think much of 'gun culture' in the US. I know of a few Canadians that won't go *anywhere* w/o a firearm. I think it becomes a part of your personality/sense of being.

I liked the sensation of firing the gun. Though I wouldn't spend coutless weekends firing a gun, I could see myself enjoying it every once in a while. One thing for shure. Whatever of the gun culture in the US, I don't know why people think its a good idea to drink some beers and go shootin' afterwards.

Definitely true I guess. :p I know a few people that would sooner die than have their guns taken away from them I don't get it though. Makes them feel tough or something. Most of these people were born and raised on guns, so they have it in their heads that it is some kind of a necessity for personal safety. :rolleyes:

I personally have 17 weapons registered to my name.

Yay for my state! NO GUN REGISTRATION!!!! Woot!

you can actually carry everywhere? I mean with the exception of planes im assuming. since thats near impossible to get.

Actually you can carry on a plane. You have to have it field stripped and it has to be in a lockable container. and has to be in luggage NOT carry on. Pilots now are allowed to carry ON THE PLANES.

I carry my pistol daily. Where ever I go, it goes. If I am going somewhere that is a place its against the law to carry (Post office) I don't go. There is not that many places here in my state that says I cannot carry. My Carry License allows me to go into a school zone, just not on to their property. I can go to state parks. Open carry, conceal carry whatever. If I goto a mall that says no guns, I conceal, because they have to ask you to leave first.

Nope. We in Indiana do not have to register firearms either.

The federal laws regulate the commercial sale of firearms, requiring all FFL holders to collect the buyer's information, as well as the model and serial numbers of the firearm and call it in to the ATF to acquire approval to sell the firearm to the buyer (it's really more that the buyer is allowed to own a firearm [not a felon, etc.]).

Any sales from person-to-person are perfectly legal and do not require this same paperwork.

States vary on registration - some require it, some don't.

Yay here in PA, it states there shall never be a registration for pistols. It's nice. We have a PICS check too. its an instant background check.

Some do. I know one of the local ones here will let you rent say, a Uzi or AK-47, something along that line, for an hour, just to see what it's like for real. Granted, that's just for use in their range, you can't leave with it or anything like that. Not sure if they rent out more mainstream types of weapons.

Yay for my state! NO GUN REGISTRATION!!!! Woot!

Texas doesn't require gun registration either, I did it out of personal responsibility. In case the gun is stolen.

Texas doesn't require gun registration either, I did it out of personal responsibility. In case the gun is stolen.

Yeah we can't do it no matter what. Only proof you have is at the gun store on the paper copy and thats it.

I've got a Beretta PX4 9mm... Trijicon tritium night sights, Robar NP3 refinished barrel (teflon stainless finish) & a stainless guiderod:

px4.jpg

px4_2.jpg

Also, for the record... I've been criticized about the first image for having it fully cocked, safety off with a flashlight through the trigger guard to prop the gun up --- It's not loaded (chamber is empty nor is their a loaded magazine in it).

I've got a Beretta PX4 9mm... Trijicon tritium night sights, Robar NP3 refinished barrel (teflon stainless finish) & a stainless guiderod:

Also, for the record... I've been criticized about the first image for having it fully cocked, safety off with a flashlight through the trigger guard to prop the gun up --- It's not loaded (chamber is empty nor is their a loaded magazine in it).

teh sex......

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Beretta 92FS, and a Springfield Armory 1911 TRP, however I'm wanting a .40 S&W. I was recommended the Sig Sauer P226 Equinox, as it is one of the safest and most reliable handguns in the world. However does anyone have a competitor, keep in mind that I dislike Glocks as I prefer metal frames over the polymer for the extra weight is more balanced to me as I have larger hands.