What would YOU add to Nintendo's Next Console?

Okay so, if you were in charge of designing Nintendo's next console - what would you add and why?

For me it would -

Have much better, full-frontal and HD, 1080p graphics.

Blu-Ray Disc Support.

Media-Player Built Into the OS (with DVD Support).

Backwards Compatability.

Larger HDD (120GB+)

Allow 3rd-Party Channels to be created (homebrew).

Allow people to rip a game to there HDD and play it from there instead of the disc (each game having a unique code and being attached to the Wii's unique CPU code itself to stop copying)

Essentially have the resources there for better games and have alot more potential due to the homebrew without softmodding and more. Also, having it as a media-center as well could attract new audiences whilst also putting it on par with the PS3 in terms of graphic quality. Not only that, you wouldnt have people using "I WANT TO PLAY BACKUPS" as a excuse for softmodding or "I WANT TO USE HOMEBREW" since you would beable to. Only people who download illegal games would be blocked and therefore they couldnt complain could they ? ;P

i think what you've suggested there is going against nintendo's whole current ethos. they don't want to be at the forefront of graphic technology nor media playback capability, they want to do the gameplay basics better than anyone.

Have much better, full-frontal and HD, 1080p graphics.

You want the next Nintendo to have nudity? :laugh:

But I agree, the next console needs much better graphics, in fact they are essential. I can't believe how bad the Wii graphics look on my 40" 1080p TV. Even the optional component cable that gives you 480p instead of 480i or whatever doesn't make a great deal of difference. (why wasn't this included again? I would've paid a few pounds more on the console price for it)

A media player would be nice, especially one that supports network media streaming... like the Xbox 360 and PS3. Working with Microsoft to get Media Center Extender functionality would be nice too.

A Blu-Ray drive would be nice, but that would push up the price of the console quite alot I feel. The very cheapest BD-ROM drive for PC's that I've seen is around the ?65 mark. The cheapest DVD drive is less than ?10. As I've already got a Blu-Ray player, I don't want to be forced into paying more for the next Nintendo console for a drive I don't need because I've already got one. Now if I had any hope that the games might make use of that space, I may change my mind, but Nintendo games have always been simplistic at best so I doubt they even fill DVDs currently.

actually you can get the cheapest bluray reader for ?45 when they are on offer @ scan.co.uk, Nintendo could probably get them for ?30 or so in bulk.

1080p gaming

bluray built-in

multi-region dvd playback with upscaling

xvid, divx and .mkv playback upto 1080p

homebrew games like with xbox arcade where people could create and sell their games online

120gb+ hdd

downloadable full games

msn client

youtube client

firefox based web browser

region-free games

So basically you'd want to turn it into a PS3 with a few Wii features and another name on the top?

Sounds like what quite a lot of these people want!

Basically i would improve the online system.

The whole friends code thing would be scrapped and people would be allowed a friends list which can be accessed no matter what game there playing.

Cross game voice chat would be implemented instead of only been allowed to send pre typed phrases in games. (my only experience online is with Mario Kart, Brawl and that Pokemon game so maybe its different in other games?)

It would also be at least capable of rendering games in 720p, it bad how Wii games look better emulated on my PC than they do on the Wii ;)

Ability to use the console as a PC, adding Linux Support

Huge Internal Hard Drive to allow the storage of Media

Improved Graphics on par with competition at least allowing the best titles to be playable

i think what you've suggested there is going against nintendo's whole current ethos. they don't want to be at the forefront of graphic technology nor media playback capability, they want to do the gameplay basics better than anyone.

Still, graphic quality could greatly improve the Wii experience.

So basically you'd want to turn it into a PS3 with a few Wii features and another name on the top?

No, it want to turn it into a Wii which has the same graphics as a PS3 but retains the core Wii system and gameplay.

Basically i would improve the online system.

The whole friends code thing would be scrapped and people would be allowed a friends list which can be accessed no matter what game there playing.

Cross game voice chat would be implemented instead of only been allowed to send pre typed phrases in games. (my only experience online is with Mario Kart, Brawl and that Pokemon game so maybe its different in other games?)

It would also be at least capable of rendering games in 720p, it bad how Wii games look better emulated on my PC than they do on the Wii ;)

Ye, just dont charge us for it though. *COUGHxboxliveCOUGH*.

Like many of you I would add HD support. I would also add the option to either use a motion controller or a standard controller on all games. I would also change the menu system and get rid of the channels.

HD support, better network/online integration and a level playing field with the 360/PS3 so people that own a Nintendo console can enjoy ports similar of the great multiplatform games we PS3/360 owners get.

That's what REALLY kills Nintendo's software lineup this gen, they can't get things like Mirrors Edge/Dead Space/Fallout/Borderlands etc in the same we us PS3/360 owners can.

HD support, better network/online integration and a level playing field with the 360/PS3 so people that own a Nintendo console can enjoy ports similar of the great multiplatform games we PS3/360 owners get.

That's what REALLY kills Nintendo's software lineup this gen, they can't get things like Mirrors Edge/Dead Space/Fallout/Borderlands etc in the same we us PS3/360 owners can.

Agreed, along with a better Classic Controller which can be used separate from the Wii Remote itself, so that developers can either create their game to be compatible with the Remote or the CController.

There's only really three things that need to be done:

1. 1080p HD
  2. Support for playing DVDs
  3. A simplified online experience (get rid of all the friend codes, and just use simple usernames)

Dead Space is out on the Wii already..

Its RPG's such as Oblivion and Fallout 3 i want on the Wii, along with Crysis haha xD

Yeah, because most games already support it. Oh, wait...

I would add rechargeable controllers.

There's nothing wrong with supporting 1080p, and in fact nearly every PSN/XBLA arcade runs at 1080p ;)

All i would want is a bigger Hard Drive. Better graphics, blu ray, and better online gaming. Also on the Virtual Console, i want a system that if own one the games, i wish there was a way to download it for free since we already paid for it as a cartage. (I still have working N64, SNES games that i do not want to repay to play on the Wii).

All i would want is a bigger Hard Drive. Better graphics, blu ray, and better online gaming. Also on the Virtual Console, i want a system that if own one the games, i wish there was a way to download it for free since we already paid for it as a cartage. (I still have working N64, SNES games that i do not want to repay to play on the Wii).

There is no HDD.