What would YOU add to Nintendo's Next Console?

But the games you get in a store mostly don't. Sony force-fed 1080p to the public as if games would never be the same without it, yet look where we are.

And?

Some games do take advantage of it and look great, you're reasoning for Nintendo NOT supporting would be because Sony said 1080p was the future?

That's some great reasoning.

A lot of the PSN/XBLA games that run in 1080p/60FPS look great, plus there's always the 720p games that upscale to 1080p which helps a little for some people with bigger TVs.

And?

Some games do take advantage of it and look great, you're reasoning for Nintendo NOT supporting would be because Sony said 1080p was the future?

That's some great reasoning.

A lot of the PSN/XBLA games that run in 1080p/60FPS look great, plus there's always the 720p games that upscale to 1080p which helps a little for some people with bigger TVs.

No, I'm saying that it was supposed to be the next best thing, and was planned for and future-proofed in the PS3, only to be mostly left by the wayside. So excuse me if I think going through that again seems like something of a waste of time. I'm sure there's a reason developers don't make games many in 1080p, so what's changed now that Nintendo should suddenly make 1080 a factor in their console design?

No, I'm saying that it was supposed to be the next best thing, and was planned for and future-proofed in the PS3, only to be mostly left by the wayside. So excuse me if I think going through that again seems like something of a waste of time. I'm sure there's a reason developers don't make games many in 1080p, so what's changed now that Nintendo should suddenly make 1080 a factor in their console design?

Because 1080p is easily going to pretty much be standard next-generation, some games are hitting it this generation, and more will as we progress to the peak of what devs push out the consoles.

TVs support resolutions up to 1080p, and that's what they will be at mainstream for the foreseeable future.

Notice the topic title, Nintendo's NEXT console.

Yes a console supporting only 480/720p for the next generation would be a great idea if the tech is much cheaper and developers using it - Again going back to my level playing field, Nintendo are losing out to tons of 3rd party multiplatform games because they haven't made their platform level enough with Sony/MS for ports, doing that again is only going to kill their 3rd party support next generation all over.

HD support, better network/online integration and a level playing field with the 360/PS3 so people that own a Nintendo console can enjoy ports similar of the great multiplatform games we PS3/360 owners get.

That's what REALLY kills Nintendo's software lineup this gen, they can't get things like Mirrors Edge/Dead Space/Fallout/Borderlands etc in the same we us PS3/360 owners can.

Yeah that is what I would add and a Blu-Ray drive.

Personally, there's not, i mean nada thing these guys could add to their next console that would warrant a cent from me. They can keep their gimmicks.

Im so sick of Mario and every spin off that comes from him.

I bought a GC simply for RE4. Bought a Wii for Zelda TP. Buying a console simply cause of a single game, is a mistake I'll never make again. Great games, but just not worth it.

Mario 64 was the last big thing Nintendo did for me. That game blew everything away.

Zelda, I feel will be the only thing I'll ever be missing out on. Oh well, I'll live... happily ever after.

You guys enjoy Super Duper Mario (Kart?) in his NEW _________ Adventure in HD!

Because 1080p is easily going to pretty much be standard next-generation, some games are hitting it this generation, and more will as we progress to the peak of what devs push out the consoles.

TVs support resolutions up to 1080p, and that's what they will be at mainstream for the foreseeable future.

Notice the topic title, Nintendo's NEXT console.

Yes a console supporting only 480/720p for the next generation would be a great idea if the tech is much cheaper and developers using it - Again going back to my level playing field, Nintendo are losing out to tons of 3rd party multiplatform games because they haven't made their platform level enough with Sony/MS for ports, doing that again is only going to kill their 3rd party support next generation all over.

I 100% agree with you.

The Wii would sell a hell of alot more units if it just went above and beyond the PS3 and Xbox and hey - maybe even start a price war ;)

Robust Online Capabilities, that's it. I actually forget half the time the Wii even has online (quite seriously) - the only thing that jogs my memory are those firmware updates for "security purposes" and the Wii Shop Channel, that's it. Which really, is pretty damn bad.

I'd also want multi-core processing in there, along with speeds comparable to the 360/PS3 now.

I'd like some non-mario and non-zelda games.

If they make a new zelda which of course they will for the new system, I really would like to see something better. It's always the same story. Twilight Princess was boring.

As someone used to be a hard core Nintendo fanboy, I'm not really quite sure what I want anymore. I've been playing my PS3 and 360 too much.

Maybe less shovelware?

More graphics power- 1080p support, 3D will be too far.

Much larger HDD size and external USB HDD drive support- store movies and music (and photos) onto HDD.

Media player with DVD/Blu-ray/CD/SACD/DVD+/-R/W support.

As said above, Blu-ray drive- means for bigger and larger games from 3rd party developers.

More exclusives like inFAMOUS, Uncharted and stuff.

Proper Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection service- no more friend codes, see who's online and actually have a channel that is the base for everything, including the Shop and downloadable games.

Backwards compatibility.

Proper gamepad, as well as a Wiimote style thing to go along with it.

That's what I would add.

RPGs. The N64 is where they began to drop the ball, as it had 2 if I remember correctly, and the number hasn't really grown much since then, aside from the little Squeenix turds.

Perhaps more creativity with their game series, or maybe just throwing out something new and original?

And maybe, just maybe, some serious boost to the system itself. Maybe play movies for once? PS3 and 360 are becoming media consoles and, while I'd like to say it's nice that the Wii is sticking mostly to gaming, it's pretty sad that they have a better selection of awesome games (at least for me) than the Wii does. So why not have your cake and eat it too? I mean, should they fail at getting the great 3rd party developers again, at least the Nintendo console owners can say, "Well, it's not a total loss. Can still do many other things with it!"

RPGs. The N64 is where they began to drop the ball, as it had 2 if I remember correctly, and the number hasn't really grown much since then, aside from the little Squeenix turds.

Perhaps more creativity with their game series, or maybe just throwing out something new and original?

And maybe, just maybe, some serious boost to the system itself. Maybe play movies for once? PS3 and 360 are becoming media consoles and, while I'd like to say it's nice that the Wii is sticking mostly to gaming, it's pretty sad that they have a better selection of awesome games (at least for me) than the Wii does. So why not have your cake and eat it too? I mean, should they fail at getting the great 3rd party developers again, at least the Nintendo console owners can say, "Well, it's not a total loss. Can still do many other things with it!"

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e309-deb...beginning/50332

• Better Internet integration
  • 64 or 128 GB SSD (Should be cheap enough when time comes)
  • 1080p games (not that xbox or ps upscale BS)
  • Blu-Ray support with movie playback
  • (2nd) Television link up (Plug in a device in another TV's HDMI in the house and play together on seperate TVs - one console)
  • Have Mario show up when booting the console, telling everybody what a looser Luigi is.

IMO, the Wii is fine as it is. The only thing it would need :

- Better GPU for 1080p HDTV and maybe add Dolby TrueHD for sound.

- Better online experience

- More internal memory, with HD games, 512Mb will never be enough for downloads.

- Integrated Wii Motion+ into the remote and end the crazy add-on thing.

But best of all, BETTER GAMES. Yet, I'd love those games to stay simple so that everybody can have fun.