Increase Internet speed in win7

My GeForce 8800GT didn't increase my Internet speed either.

WHAT GIVES?

Huh, I got a new sound card and it helped. >.> Got another 5mbs out of it.

Your ISP will increase your internet speed if you hand them some monies.

It's not about monies, but alot of time the default windows settings doesn't utilize the speed offered by the ISP - especially when it comes to browsing the web. In windows XP and Vista i'm use to testing out the various tweaks - some works and others don't.

671703259.png

post-302840-1262628367.jpg

I have never experienced that. Your internet connection is what, 10Mbps at most? If we were talking about something that was close to maxing out the network connection (which I'm assuming is 100-1000Mbps), then maybe, but your internet connection?

Maybe you are confusing speed with some of the "tweaks" in the past that have dealt with applications that use massive amounts of connections, such as Bittorrent, but that's a separate matter.

Huh, I got a new sound card and it helped. >.> Got another 5mbs out of it.

He needs stickers. Stickers add speed, just ask the Honda racer guys.

What are you exactly trying to say with those exact speeds, in both the shots?

I'm saying my ISP is giving me good Download/upload speeds but browsing isn't the quickest.

I'm just surprise by the lack of tweaks for win7, not normal especially for a new OS.

Just because your ISP gives you a 25Mbps package doesn't mean the server you are connecting to will upload at 25Mbps to you personally. Whether downloading or just browsing. Browser also plays a role in browsing speeds, although small compared to other variables.

Just because your ISP gives you a 25Mbps package doesn't mean the server you are connecting to will upload at 25Mbps to you personally. Whether downloading or just browsing. Browser also plays a role in browsing speeds, although small compared to other variables.

Kool. I guess win7 will receive the lowest tweaks for a windows OS

ive always found windows defaults has a better overall feel than those tweaking programs. Those programs also say that those settings can decrease ping and the cost of throughput, or vice versa. I think its safe to say that vista/win7 have their settings right.

He needs stickers. Stickers add speed, just ask the Honda racer guys.

Best post ever man! I lol'ed!