Increase Internet speed in win7

Nobody mentioned speed holes or waxing the modem to make it go faster? :D

Win7 is fine as it is. If things are slow, blame Rogers like when we used to down here when they were slowing the internet down.

25Mb down isnt fast enough for browsing? Seriously? If its not snappy with those speeds then its a browser issue or something is up with the pc.

As a last resort you can try rubbing some cheetah blood on the router and modem.

25Mb down isnt fast enough for browsing? Seriously? If its not snappy with those speeds then its a browser issue or something is up with the pc.

As a last resort you can try rubbing some cheetah blood on the router and modem.

Exactly. Stop whining. Be thankful for what you have. Example below.

671776244.png

I noticed that W7 could only get me about 130KB/S (that is kilobytes, not kilobits) w. uTorrent,

So... I disabled something with the netsh command,

now I am getting up to 155KB/S

But I don't remember what it was. :(

I noticed that W7 could only get me about 130KB/S (that is kilobytes, not kilobits) w. uTorrent,

now I am getting up to 155KB/S

Think hard, I want to know too :woot:

I max out my 20mb connection with uTorrent both up and down quite often.

People need to learn how the Internet and networks work. :(

Web browsing can be slow for a variety of reasons:

- Computer is slow. This will make rendering pages slow.

- Your browser is slow. See above.

- Your DNS is slow. For every link on a website, it needs to do a DNS lookup.

- Your Internet bandwidth is low.

- You are on a shared connection (like cable) and people are using it up.

- The website has a lot of data. This will make pages load even slower compounded because of every reason above.

Any sort of "tweaks" you do is placebo and don't do crap.

omg 20KB that will make everything 1000000X faster

That 20k could save your life one day.

...and knowing is half the battle.

LOL

That's why you don't "tweak" your system like you do. It's all placebo.

EDIT: 20KB is a major leap actually. Especially when you are paying for it, you know, you want to get what you payed for. :)

maybe you should start by looking up the word placebo ;)

No. Tested and confirmed on multiple downloads.

It might be the the TCP autotuning feature,

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

I might be this.

EDIT 2: There is also the max connection limit tweak. I think Microsoft limited this to stop the spread of malware or something.

He needs stickers. Stickers add speed, just ask the Honda racer guys.

OMG! LOL I literally laughed out loud at work. Boss gave me the 1 raised eyebrow look :shiftyninja:

"EDIT 2: There is also the max connection limit tweak. I think Microsoft limited this to stop the spread of malware or something. "

So have you been living in a cave somewhere? Part of some top secret suspended animation project somewhere, or maybe the aliens just dropped you back off? ;)

Huh, I got a new sound card and it helped. >.> Got another 5mbs out of it.

man!! I loled hard!!!

@OP the speed depends on the browser, the server you download the file,DNS etc.

Use Download manager which can download a file parallel from multiple point if the server supports it.

the service provider can trottle your speed too.

"EDIT 2: There is also the max connection limit tweak. I think Microsoft limited this to stop the spread of malware or something. "

So have you been living in a cave somewhere? Part of some top secret suspended animation project somewhere, or maybe the aliens just dropped you back off? ;)

???

It is a security feature present in XP, it has nothing to do with aliens. It limits max simultaneous connections. If you even used nlite, you are familiar with it.

This is what some are suggesting for W7,

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]
"MaxConnectionsPerServer"=dword:00000014
"MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server"=dword:00000014

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings]

to make your computer faster install windows 1.0 all the versions past it are full of rubbish.

but there is a feature in windows 7 which says make my internet slow , if you click it to turn it off you get super fast internet

Microwave radiation helps transmit internet faster. Rig up your microwave to run with the door open and give it a try. Also make sure your computer is nice and close to have the best results.

^ Lets try to contribute.

there is nothing to contribute, just get it in your head for once and for all. There are no magical tweaks that make everything go faster

there is nothing to contribute, just get it in your head for once and for all. There are no magical tweaks that make everything go faster

Exactly. If there were some super-duper tweaks to make everything faster, Microsoft would know and would have used them.

Also, making claims with uTorrent as your source is just silly in the first place. Look up how that stuff works and you'll understand why.

Just to add to my previous posts,

Unlike the netsh command, the registry modification seems to have no effect on my end. Anyone having different results?

If you think so you should stop posting in this thread. You have nothing of value to add.

i shouldn't, it's in everyones best interest to keep posting sensible stuff in this kind of threads so that newbies finding it via google don't believe any of the crap posted by people who believe there are tweaks.