Weird Colours on Some DVDs?

Hello!

So, I was watching a DVD the other day when I noticed the colours were weird:

10 Things I Hate About You

This DVD seemed to have lost some red. Some peoples lips were orange :s The person I was watching it with said the ground which was red, was supposed to be green. Apparently, the colours were very vivid and bright, this was evedent as some of the white colours were completly washed out. I half fixed this changing the TV colour to "Movie".

Dead Silence

This film seemed to have a blue wash all over it. In every scene, the colours looked very blue.

The Illusionist

Orange with this one. The whole film seemed to have an orange wash over it. I did check the DVD on my computer as it looked very similar, although the colours were a little better.

The DVD player is connected to the TV with a SCART cable. I gave it a wobble, but this didn't seem to do anything (sometimes it pops out of the connector). I did try Dead Silence on my PC and again, the colours were better, but still had a blue wash. I didn't try 10 Things I Hate About You.

Would this be the DVD or Player that are going wrong?

The TV when picking up signals, colours look usual. I suspect it is the player (it's about 4/5 years old now).

Thanks

Just to close this off, it was a faulty SCART cable.

I took it out, re-housed it and colours were usual again :)

SCART connectors are very prone to problems (bend pins etc.), and they're massive. No idea how they became so popular.

SCART is a typical looking connector for the time it was designed. I'm surprised it's still commonly used to be honest.

SCART never really caught on over here, but it still randomly turns up on foreign stuff.

Years ago (close to a decade) I was at a friends house and I found their TV only supported SCART. It was the first and last SCART connector I ever saw until I bought a set-top box a couple of years ago that randomly had 2 SCART connectors (only) on it, haven't seen anything else with it since.