64/32-bit for 2010

64/32  

299 members have voted

1. 1. Processor

• 64-bit
    • 32-bit

64bit since 2005 :cool: apart from my older machines and netbook that don't support it

I don't really see any reason why you wouldn't, if your hardware supports it. Any hardware that wasn't supported in XP x64, is unlikely to have updated drivers for Vista/7

I'm not surprised by the way the voting is going on this forum.. 64bit seems to be the mainstream here.. if you have built or purchased a system within the last 2 years and use Windows 7, you are most likely on 64-bit.

If you took this poll with every person in the world, the 32bit would definitely dwarf 64bit in usage.

I'm not surprised by the way the voting is going on this forum.. 64bit seems to be the mainstream here.. if you have built or purchased a system within the last 2 years and use Windows 7, you are most likely on 64-bit.

If you took this poll with every person in the world, the 32bit would definitely dwarf 64bit in usage.

A lot of people have old hardware and don't want to upgrade.

Even on this site we have people trying to patch their 32bit OS's to get more than 4GB of RAM since they don't want to use a 64bit version.