Choosing an MSc course and place of study

I was hoping that someone would be able to provide some advice on choosing a Masters Degree to study.

I'm looking into areas of programming (i.e. computer science) with an eye towards (but not limited to) game design and programming (Although I realise that a solid course on software engineering would probably be better than a games design course).

I'm currently employed (Research Engineer in the areas of software, networking, and security) in the east of England (Essex region) so I'm looking for a part time mode of study at an institute nearby.

I have a 1st class degree (BSc Hons) in Computer and Network Engineering. The major components of this degree were computer programming (C/C++/JAVA) and advanced computer networking. Although programming was a large part of the degree it was secondary to networking and seems to have mostly been at an intermediate level with regards to best practices (i.e. I can sit and program an application that works but may not be exactly elegant...which annoys me).

I want to do this because I love learning, I love programming and I want to improve upon and add to my abilities.

Does anyone have any advice?

I've always wanted to do a Masters but...

My background -

I graduated with a 2.1 BSc (Hons) in Computer Networks could of gone down either road of Networking or Software Development but could only find a decent Software Development job so took it and haven't looked back.

A University can only teach you so much, I could only recommend finding a job doing what you enjoy and trust me, you will learn so much more than if you did a Masters.

GE