DSLR Camera Bag Query

Hey!

This might sound funny and very trivial but lately I have been on a watch for buying a good camera bag for my Nikon D3000 with the lens kit.

I found this particular bag called Case Logic : DCB-56. I bought it since I trust Case Logic and I found the camera bag quite reasonable.

case-logic-dcb56.90417.2.jpg

Now my camera fits fine with the lens kit. I have inserted my camera the same way but the problem is when the bag is upright like shown in the pic, the lens is attached to the camera so the weight of the camera is on the lens kit. Is this thing arrangement alright or there are chances that I might damage the lens kit in some way while carrying it around ?

Thx

If the lens extends while zooming or focusing, flick the lens to MF and make sure it's at zero extension before you put it in the bag for any period of time, to avoid damaging gearing mechanisms/micromotors in the lens. Otherwise, don't worry about it, the actual lens mount can take far far worse.

aha! yeah its at zero extension. The only problem with this bag would be when I'm picking a zoom lens kit but that will be a while because I just started with the photography thing :)

Don't worry about the weight. Some of it is distributed to the body as it touches the sides of the bag, so it's not all on the lens. The lens should be able to take this light load with no problems whatsoever.

I suggest this site:

photography-on-the.net/forum

It's by Canon users, but it has tons of very helpful general DSLR info.

• 2 weeks later...